Can't Choose HTML on Q&A, Default text is white (on white!)

Howdy - quick one hopefully on the excellent Q&A plugin. Using an earlier CSS tweak provided by Mason, I've managed to get my sidebar displaying alongside the Q&A plugin, however, the plugin won't let me change between Visual and HTML editor. Also the TinyMCE editor doesn't appear. Another issue is that the default text is white (on a white background!) Can anyone spot the flaw?

Site is http://www.wearethedads.com

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

iamstaggered,

Hi! I visited your site and was able to see the HTML and visual editor just fine and couldn't spot the text issue. I typed in a bit of text and it worked fine for me.

If you have any specific areas to change in css you can always use an Inspect Element tool like Firebug to find what you need :slight_smile:

What browser are you using?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings iamstaggered,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Andrew Shanahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi - sorry to say that this is still an issue. The symptoms:

- Does not display visual editor for q&a
    - Seems to be just for admins but other users (subscriber level) have found the formatting on Q&A to be funky too (http://www.wearethedads.com/members/steve-miller/activity/2216/)
    - Can't switch between Visual and HTML
    - Text is white on white (not good:slight_smile:

Any help. Kim, I think you've got an account, let me know if you want me to bump you to an admin so you can experience the problem in glorious technicolour.

Thanks WPMU.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings iamstaggered,

Thank you for the additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

I am unable to replicate this on my test production server so it is definitely something unique to your installation and I made sure that I was logged in as a regular admin and not network admin when testing as clearly shown in my screen shot below.

Have you by any chance gone through standard troubleshooting mode as Kimberly had suggested?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Andrew Shanahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok - I added the code that Hakan had mentioned on another thread to functions.php (btw you don't want to put it anywhere in functions.php - that badboy can BREAK YOUR SITE :slight_smile:

I have no idea what it's done but it's all working smoothly now. All good. Thanks to me! (Ok, thanks to Hakan).

// Use different functions if you want to modify question and answer editors differently
    add_filter( 'qa_question_editor_settings', 'my_modify_editor_function', 10, 2 );
    add_filter( 'qa_answer_editor_settings', 'my_modify_editor_function', 10, 2 );
    function my_modify_editor_function( $settings, $ID ) {
    	// Dont use visual editor for visitors
    	if ( !is_user_logged_in() ) {
    		$tinymce = false;
    	}
    	// Add some tinyMCE plugins and buttons for admins. Don't forget to check if they work in your theme.
    	else if ( current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) ) {
    		$tinymce['plugins']='inlinepopups,tabfocus,paste,media,fullscreen';
    		$tinymce['theme_advanced_buttons2']='pastetext,pasteword,removeformat,|,charmap,|,outdent,indent,|,undo,redo';
    	}
    	// Use minimal editor for other roles
    	else {
    		$tinymce['teeny'] = true;
    	}
    	// Make something special for question #1 and answer #1
    	if ( 1 == $ID )
    		$tinymce['theme_advanced_buttons1']='formatselect,forecolor,|,bold,italic,underline';

$settings['tinymce'] = $tinymce;

return $settings;
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.