Cant' complete course

We seem to have an issue with courses that the question seems to be set as to be assessed - but cannot be changed to non-assessable - and therefore the student cannot complete the course even though all the questions have been completed correctly - please help!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi John,

Hope you're doing well.

It seems that you are using version 2.0.7 which is over a year old now and I'm afraid that we can't support that version anymore as there were a lot of changes in both plugin and WordPress itself since then.

Please update CoursePress to the latest version (currently 2.2) and see if the issue is gone after that.

Note: Since the version of the plugin you are using is really old I strongly to perform this update on staging site first or at least make sure you have a full backup ready if you're updating directly on live site.

Let us know if you're still having issues after the update.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• John
    • Flash Drive

Hi we’ve updated the plugin and the assessment issue we were experiencing seems to have been fixed.

When testing though - trying to enrol on a course after you've withdrawn from that course - the user is sent to the course completion page… rather than the start of the course… please advise.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi John,

Could you grant us support access to the site in question so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Just to be sure we're checking the correct behavior, so we should try to enroll in a course, finish the course and then withdrawn from it.
    Now if we try to enroll again it will redirect us to completion page, is that correct?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi John

Thank you for enabling access.

I have created myself a subscriber account on your site (let's keep it there until we're done with the issue, please) and checked this and I could replicate the problem on your site. I tested it multiple times with two different courses.

However, I wasn't able to replicate that at all on my test setup, even though I used different browsers and different site configurations. I believe then that this is somehow related to this specific site or the kind of setup.

I assume that this is a live site, correct? A full conflict test would be the best thing to start with but before trying that, could you please:

- clear and disable all possible caching options on site, that'd be mostly in WP Rocket Cache plugin
    - temporarily disable WP Rocket Cache entirely
    - if there's any additional server-side cache, disable it as well

and then test again? Preferably use a new user account for testing too.

Let me know about results and depending on this we'll take further steps.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.