Can't configure Domain Mapping plugin properly

I have added an A record to my dedicated IP address on SIteGround hosting for the domain "PhanganParties.com" - It should forward to http://myquickblog.com/demotestblog3/

The dedicated IP address is 184.154.229.60

I'm getting this error after trying many times; "Domain name is unavailable to access"

Can you tell me what I"m doing wrong?

• Milan

Hello Rick

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

I would want to know more about setup you are using so would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rick!

I took a look at your site's settings and I think it's all fine.

There's however other thing that should be changed. I understand that the "phanganparties.com" domain should be mapped to the "myquickblog.com/demotestblog3/".

The point is to set the A record for the "phanganparties.com" domain to point to your dedicated IP. I believe that's already done.

There should not however be any forwarding set. Depending on your server configuration you would either need to set "root folder" for that IP to be the same as a "root folder" of your main domain (myquickblog.com). As a result typing "myquickblog.com", "phangpanparties.com" or and IP address to the browser window should always load the same site: the main site of your MultiSite setup.

That will work if an IP is dedicated and has a "root folder" setup. In case you wouldn't be able to setup "root folder" for your IP or you do have to add the "phangpanparties.com" domain to the same server where the "myquickblog.com" is hosted, there are also other options: add-on and parked domains. Take a look at this page please:

Please scroll down to the "A Record & CNAME" section and also follow up to the "More options" section and "Addon vs Parked" underneath. This should give you the idea on how to setup the domain that you wish to map.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

The point is that which ever way you choose, the result should be always the same: before domain is mapped, it should load the main site of your multisite install.

Once this is achieved the Domain Mapping plugin will do the rest and take care of all necessary "redirects/forwards" and other aspects.

There are some cases when even with a proper setup the same warning (that you mentioned in your initial post) pops out but then switching off Domain Mapping's "Verify domain availability" option should help. Please however first make sure that your domain is set as described above.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.