Can't create custom e-Newsletter template

I'm trying to create a custom e-Newsletter template duplicating default themes at wp-content\plugins\e-newsletter\email-newsletter-files\templates\
but I'm getting an error and can't find any documentation about how to create a custom template.

There are some old messages saying that doing a template like this could lead to problems (template deletion) when updating the plugin. Other messages says that I must create a custom templates folder, but the requirements are not clear.

How is the right way to duplicate a default template and customize it for e-Newsletter plugin?

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hello Loremar Guimaraes,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You don't need to create custom folder to store custom templates. E-Newsletter plugin does this for you automatically upon activation of the plugin.

Please read instructions with screenshot on usage guide page of this plugin under Using Custom Themes section.

I just created a new theme by following these instructions. Here are simple steps to create a new template (did not changed any layout at the moment though).

1. Went to following location.
    e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates

2. Copied Disco template (complete folder).

3. Pasted into following path (E-Newsletter created this automatically).
    wp-content/uploads/enewsletter-custom-themes

4. Changed the folder name to from Disco to Custom.

5. Opened up style.css file of custom theme, replaced Disco with Custom eNewsletter Theme (you can name it anything you want) and saved changes.

Change this:
    Theme Name: Disco
    Into this:
    Theme Name: Custom eNewsletter Theme

After that, I could see the custom theme while creating the newsletter (see screenshot of the end result).

Of course, you can later on change screenshots and any thing in the template. That was just the steps to create a custom template based on existing one.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Loremar Guimaraes

Hello Sajid,

I could create my own custom template following your instructions, greate! But I found what seems to be an annoying bug on "clone" function.

Steps to reproduce the error:
    1) Create a newsletter with subject "News 1" and clone it.
    2) Edit the cloned newsletter do "News 2" and save it.

Instead of updating the clone it's updating the original newsletter. You just can't edit the cloned version whatsoever.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hello Loremar Guimaraes,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, I could replicate this issue on my own test site too. I am marking it as confirmed bug and reporting it to developer so it could be patched up in upcoming version of this plugin.

I am sorry but I am unable to provide an ETA of when exactly it will be fixed but as soon as we have some news we will update this thread. Please keep an on this thread for updates.

Thanks bringing it to our attention and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Panos

Hi Loremar Guimaraes ,

I could also replicate! Thanks for spotting this!!

Could you please replace file
    wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php
    with the one attached here and give it a try?

In case this doesn't work I would need to have a closer look and do some debugging so I would need FTP and admin credentials. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!