Can't create menu using default WordPress settings

I've got this really weird problem here where I can create a menu using the default WordPress functionality, but it will not show in the header.

Here's my situation:
For a friend I've setup a server provided by Strato (https://www.strato.com/en_nl/) and we manage it with Plesk (12).

We moved one WordPress website and I installed another without any problem.

Now comes the weird part... whenever I want to add an item to the menu in the moved one, or add a new menu to the newly installed website nothing appears in the front-end. Same goes for using the default WordPress customize function under Appearance.

I can however create pages, posts, upload images and or adjust content, etc.

There are no errors when activating WordPress debug.

I've setup quiet a few WordPress websites but Ive never encountered anything like this.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Leonard

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and did some extensive testing but I must say I'm stumped.
    It's not specific to your theme or caused by any of the plugins, and there's nothing in console that could tell us what's going on.

I would suggest try to reinstall WordPress and see if it works after that.
    You can do that by downloading clean version from wp.org and then replacing all your existing files except for wp-content folder as well as wp-config.php and .htaccess files.

Make sure to have backup before performing above task.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Leonard
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag,

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

Glad I am not the only one stumped by this.

I should have mentioned that I too have switched themes and deactivated the various plugins. And this is the third install in two days so that too was already covered.

The more I think of it the more I am convinced that this is somehow a server related issue.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
    Leonard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.