Can't created categories and menus in new sub-site created

Hi,

We want to make a multi language site and we use a multilingual plugin as you said here

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wpml-compatibility-with-upfront

We created a new site webps.es/ca based on webps.es. When we want to create a new category or menu in the new site, the element after created disappeared, but there is one element there, you can see the screenshot.

Could you help us with this.

Regards.

  • Rupok
    • Support Ninja

    Hi juan,

    We created a new site webps.es/ca based on webps.es. When we want to create a new category or menu in the new site, the element after created disappeared

    Thanks for asking and providing Support Access. I logged in your site but I could not find the "webps.es/ca" subsite in your network. I can see only one subsite "webps.es/en". Am I missing something? Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

    But then I went to your "webps.es/en" site and tried to create a category and this time I can regenerate the issue on your site. Categories are being created fine, but on refresh, that category is not shown anymore, thought the category count is showing proper number. This is really weird.

    Just to make sure no plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

    Please let us know the result of your plugin conflict test. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

  • juan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hi Rupok,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Sorry the correct subsite is webps.es/en/ as you said.

    I disabled all the plugins but the issue still the same.

    I have created a new subsite http://webps.es/test not based on site webps.es and it works perfectly, so the problem is when I copy the content from the original site http://webps.es.

    I've seen the WP-Debug-Log and it shows the following error:

    [31-Jan-2017 19:24:59 UTC] Error Unknown column 't.term_order' in 'order clause' de la base de datos de WordPress para la consulta SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_13_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_13_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('nav_menu') ORDER BY t.term_order ASC realizada por require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/upfront/index.php'), Upfront_Output->apply_layout, Upfront_Container->get_markup, Upfront_Container->_get_child_markup, Upfront_Module->get_markup, Upfront_Container->get_markup, Upfront_Container->_get_child_markup, Upfront_UnewnavigationView->get_markup, wp_nav_menu, wp_get_nav_menus, get_terms, WP_Term_Query->query, WP_Term_Query->get_terms

    Any idea?

    Thanks

  • Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

    Hello juan,

    Can you check if you have in wp-config.php this line:

    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

    if yes, please add after it those two

    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

    I was trying to test your site with cloning additional tables in database and cloner broke because notice and warning was outputted.

    I would like check cloning with those tables, because very often data for plugins is missing when tables are not cloned.
    Lets first fix clonning.

    kind regards,
    Kasia

  • juan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hi Nir,

    This working for me:
    Create the site based on the original site, in a normal way.
    If you have Taxonomy Terms Order plugin,
    go in the created site dashboard --> go on settings --> Taxonomy Terms Order, and set Auto Sort to OFF and Admin Sort unchecked.

    In the original site Auto Sort may be in ON and Admin sort checked, and works.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.