Can't delete or edit css of floating region

Hey guys,

I'm stuck here. I can't erase my floating region. Nor I can edit it's css. Can you guys help me?

Also, Is it possible to set the background of floating regions as transparent?

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Sergio-

You are going to want to click on the floating region and then hit the red box with an x to delete the region, and the green box with the cog to reach the floating regions settings. See image below:

Also, Is it possible to set the background of floating regions as transparent?

Yes, this is possible by going to your floating region settings, find Background Type > Solid Color, then you are going to click on the BG Color: which will display a default color, this will bring up a color picker that offers rgba or hex values. You will need to go down to the opacity setting at the bottom and drag that all the way to the left. This will allow you to control your opacity levels to your liking, also you have "Restrict floating to Parent Region" checked, if you want this to float up and down the page, then you will need to uncheck this box. You can edit the Region CSS, by clicking on the Edit Region CSS right below the Restrict floating checkbox. See image below:

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Sergio-

I was able to replicate the same bug in my lab site. It does appear that once the floating region is added it can't be undone or deleted, this will need to be reported to the developer of the plugin and see how we can come up with a path of resolution. In the meantime a workaround for you would be to do this:

Go to your wordpress dashboard, find Upfront > Builder and then find your current theme, download that version, since you made your updates in upfront, the main archive template of your theme was not effected. So if you go into "EDIT IN BUILDER" you will see a different version of your theme, before you added a floating region. So you will want to download that version, delete the current theme from your files VIA FTP access and then re-install the version of the theme you download. Once you activate it, you should be back to normal. In the meantime, do not add floating regions until we can look into this bug further, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.