Can't delete WP Smush Pro

I’d like to remove the plugin WP Smush Pro from my network for the time being, but it won’t go. The plugin is not active on any sites. I’ve tried deleting it from the dashboard, but it simply hangs, and then my session times out. I’ve tried renaming the plugin directory to disable it, but it still appears in the plugin list in the dashboard. I am hesitant to simply delete the directory until I know the tables that were written to the database will be handled properly. Can you advise please?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there William Kowalski,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just inspected your website and it seems that WP Smush Pro isn't active in any website.

Is this resolved? Please advise!

On the other hand, by deleting the plugin via FTP and re-uploading it, you won't lose any settings, but you will lose the statistics about the compression made already as this is resetting after plugin activation and first image scan.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• William Kowalski
    • The Crimson Coder

HI Dimitris

Yes, that’s correct, it’s not active on any site. I want to delete it entirely. It won’t delete. Also, typically, when you rename a plugin, it no longer appears in the dashboard. WP Smush is still there despite being renamed.

This is not normal plugin behavior, so that’s why I’m reaching out. My main concern is to find out why this is happening. If you think it’s safe to just delete the plugin, I will.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello William!

Renaming plugin folder should not actually remove it from the plugin list. It should disable it and may sometimes (though with a properly coded plugin it shouldn’t either) cause malfunction after enabling it but it would appear on the list.

It’s safe to delete WP Smush folder from “/wp-content/plugins” folder though. It won’t “de-optimize” images and affect site.

Is this the only plugin that you cannot delete from “Plugins -> All plugins” list and does this applies to all your sites from which you’d like to remove it?

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.