Can't dowload plugins with the WPMUDEV Dasboard

Hi, when I try to downloaad a plugin with the WPMUDEV Dasboard it shows a download bar for some time and then it show a red error text, but I can’t click it to see what error it is.

Can you help me out please?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tony

• Toony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

It´s giving an error with any plugin I´m trying to install. I have the API installed correctly and it´s working well in another website that´s on another server. So maybe it´s some server restriction or so?

Regards,

Toony

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Toony,

Thank you for pointing this out, and yes if the other server does not allow server to server communications it can be indeed the issue.

Did you by any chance FTP this plugin to the server?

If not you may want to try that and also have you registered the new domain in the API settings?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Toony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

I checked the API and uploaded the plugin with ftp. I can update WPMUDEV plugins thru the WPMUDEV Dasboard plugin but I can’t install new plugins. It must be the server settings. I’m on a Apache with WHM/Cpanel. Any idea where I can check the “server to server settings” to make this work?

Regards,

Toony

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Toony,

Thank you for your additional input, it is indeed appreciated.

There is something going on there if the updates work but not installs and I do not think it is the server in this case if there is a domain on the same exact server having no problem – If this is not the case please let me know.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.