can't drag and drop elements

I have a new website and I'm stuck with customizing the spirit theme, I can't get past the task of dragging elements to front page, e.g. to add a menu. Can you take a look please?

• Milan

Hello linuxarchitect

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am able to replicate this issue on your installation but not able to replicate on mine. Furthermore I noticed one error in my browser console, Take a look at this screenshot,

Could you please take down quick plugin conflict test as describe in our this support manual ?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it goes.
    Cheers,
    Milan

• linuxarchitect

I only have two plugins installed, easy-wp-smtp and WPMU DEV Dashboard. I disabled both but that didn't change anything. I reverted the theme back to the original layout and that fixed the problem.

I had started my customization by deleting all of the regions except for the first large one with the background image, changed that image, and than started adding regions that I wanted. I guess this breaks the theme pretty quickly. Is there documentation on the spirit theme on which initial regions are required and which can be deleted?

I don't really like any of the large single page layouts that scroll down for content; I want to use separate pages for my content. Which upfront theme would be best to start with?

Thanks for your help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi linuxarchitect,

There are no special regions in UF themes that are required for the theme to work, so I'm not sure what caused this issue for you.
    We are having some issues with Map element and background because of recent Google API changes and we are working on fixing that for next release, so if you added map element it might just be the thing that blocked your editor.

I don't really like any of the large single page layouts that scroll down for content; I want to use separate pages for my content. Which upfront theme would be best to start with?

Fixer and Panino are "one page" themes but they can be made into multi page as well so it's just a matter of personal preference :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.