Can't edit the profile in account page

When I click in the "edit profile" link from the Account of Membership 2 Pro, the page redirects to itself and doesn't allow us to edit anything.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Naj

Hope you're doing well!

I've tested theme created with Upfront builder along with the Membership 2 and could not reproduce the issue on my end. But when I tested your theme the profile info can't be edited. I've flagged our second level support developers here so they could have a closer look.

Please note, our developers' response time is longer-than-normal compared to support staff response times.

Have a nice day and take care!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Naj ,

I just visited you site but it seems empty for some reason. I noticed that the source contained only the following html:

<div id="ms-invoice-settings-wrapper">
                <div class="ms-list-table-wrapper">
                                        <div class="space invoice-types" style="display:none;" id="sequence_type_default">
                            Invoice ID's will be generated in the default order                    </div>
                                    <div class="ms-common-prefix">

This part is not included in the Membership plugin, seems like custom code from somewhere.

I noticed several cache folders, renaming them didn't help. I opened the sunrise.php file, commented out the include part and then site started loading. I then restred the sunrise.php file to how it originally was and site was still loading.

This actually doesn't make much sense for a reason site to load content or not. It seems that caching has to do with this. Could you please turn off any caching temporarily in order to see if this affects site load and also allow to debug original issue reported here?

Thanks!

• Naj
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Zen,

I've debugged and found out the following :

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'AJAX_ACTION_GENERATE_INVOICE_ID' in /nas/content/live/hoopsinstitute/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/addon/invoice/class-ms-addon-invoice.php on line 204

None of us have made any change in website coding especially in membership plugin.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Naj,

Site is loading for me now. You mean it was not working when you visited?

That error message didn't exist when it wasn't loading for me.

This looks like from a beta version of membership as this is not out yet, not sure how you got that. If you keep getting this error I would recommend switching to latest released version or I could provide latest beta where there are many changes thought.

As now site is loading, and no cahce active, I'll have a look on your original issue and keep you updated.

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Zen ,

I can't print anything on debug.log also there seems that I can't filter the the_content. This is why that pages are not loading properly, as Membership is using that filter.

It seems there's some caching from host and since this is live site I wouldn't try to purge cache. I notice it's wp-engine. Could you please create a staging site where we can do further debugging ? Creating a staging site on wp-engine should be pretty simple. Could you please create one and let us know when it is created?

Could you also send in new admin and ftp credentials? You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!

• Naj
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I've sent staging site credentials as needed via contact form. Kindly have it checked.

Please note our developers are working on it as well to fix Upfront issue of not saving data by deactivating most of the plugins.

Thanks

• Panos
    • SLS

Thanks Zen :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending info in Naj !

I had similar issues with the_content filter.

I downlloaded the child theme and had similar issue in my test site too. In my test site I was able to add a custom layout for my account page, but that doesn't seem to be helping on your site.

I have added a mu-plugin ( in your mu-plugins folder ) with file name ms-rm-uf-filter.php with the following code:

add_action( 'ms_frontend_user_account_manager', function(){

$ms_account_actions = array(
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_EDIT_PROFILE,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_INVOICES,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_ACTIVITIES,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_RESETPASS
    	);

if( ! isset( $_GET['action'] ) || ! in_array( $_GET['action'], $ms_account_actions ) ){
    	  return;
    	}

$Upfront_ChildTheme = Upfront_ChildTheme::get_instance();

remove_filter( 'upfront-storage-key', array( $Upfront_ChildTheme, 'theme_storage_key' ) );

}, 999 );

Which seems to be doing the trick.

You can add same mu-plugin on live site and check if it also works there and let us know if it doesn't.

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

I just visited the site.com/locker page and clicked on the Edit link and it did show me the profile fields t oedt, as in the screenshot:

I also tried changing the last name and it did.
    Could you please confirm that we are talking about the same page?

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Happy new year!!

I changed script to following:

add_action( 'ms_frontend_user_account_manager', function(){

$ms_account_actions = array(
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_EDIT_PROFILE,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_INVOICES,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_ACTIVITIES,
    		MS_Controller_Frontend::ACTION_VIEW_RESETPASS
    	);

if( ! isset( $_GET['action'] ) || ! in_array( $_GET['action'], $ms_account_actions ) ){
    	  return;
    	}

$Upfront_ChildTheme = Upfront_ChildTheme::get_instance();

remove_filter( 'upfront_override_layout_data', array( $Upfront_ChildTheme, 'load_page_regions' ), 10 );
    	remove_filter( 'upfront-storage-key', array( $Upfront_ChildTheme, 'theme_storage_key' ) );

}, 999 );

and seems ok now :slight_smile:

Please let us know if it works on your side too!

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.