Can't Edit Users with Membership Plugin Installed

I just installed the membership plugin and when I have a list of a bunch of members who I granted various levels of access to as an admin. I do not with to allow people to pay to signup on my account so I didn't setup any subscriptions. However, when logged in as the site admin, I can no longer edit users. Every time I click the 'update' button, i'm taken to a blank page (http://sasitup.com/partners/wp-admin/user-edit.php). Any idea why this is happening?

• shirtandsimple

OK great advice! I just used safari's error console and got these.

When I log in as an admin and go to: /wp-admin/
    I see two errors:
    wp-admin:Unmatched </head> encountered. Ignoring tag.
    wp-admin:114Extra <body> encountered. Migrating attributes back to the original <body> element and ignoring the tag.

Then when I navigate to /wp-admin/users.php is see two more (look like they are the same):
    users.php:94Unmatched </head> encountered. Ignoring tag.
    users.php:95Extra <body> encountered. Migrating attributes back to the original <body> element and ignoring the tag.

Next I click a user to edit (and instance of /wp-admin/user-edit.php?user_id...) and see the same errors except they are from users-edit.php

Then when I make a chance and click 'update user' i see some sort of error for a split second before the page goes white and I'm stuck on a blank page (http://sasitup.com/partners/wp-admin/user-edit.php)

I should also note that safari seems to clear the previous error messages each time i go to a new page, so if you know a way around that, maybe I can retrieve that error message that shows up for a split second (i think i noticed the word cancel in the error) - also, I can't seem to produce any errors using the firefox error console (only warnings that show up on most sites - including this one)

I noticed this problem only after activating the membership plugin but now, even when I deactivate it, I still get the same issue.

I had previously used a premium plugin called magic members and I deleted that last night. Maybe that did something funky to my site?

• Mason

Does sound like an issue with something left over from that plugin. The errors your mentioning aren't ones that should cause the issue here.

To get the server's error logs, you'll need to actually log into the server and see what comes up for php error logs.

I had previously used a premium plugin called magic members and I deleted that last night. Maybe that did something funky to my site?

That would be my guess. I've activated and deactivated the membership plugin many times and never encountered this error. Even after deleting a plugin's files it may leave traces in the database which you must then manually find and delete. You may want to find some support options from that plugin's devs and see if they can tell you how to remove the database traces in the plugin.

If you are able to copy your server's error logs here, we can help you diagnose the issue as well.

Thanks!