Can't enable add-ons in 'Private Messaging' plugin

I can't enable add-ons in the 'Private Messaging' plugin. When I activate any add-on, it simply says it's activated, but upon refreshing the page, it returns to its previous state. And the add-ons aren't working as well. Please note, I'm on a local installation.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Pierce,

We did more tests about the issue but I wasn't able to replicate it this time on my live or local sites. Can you provide me with more information about your setup? Is everything updated on your site? What is PHP version on your site?
    Can you check if there are any errors in browser console when you activate the add-ons? https://developer.chrome.com/dimage_classevtools

Can you activate debug mode in your WordPress and see it there will be anything there? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are.
    I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Pierce
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kasia,

No error appears in the developer console. I inserted the DEBUG lines and changed 'WP_DEBUG' to true. No errors appear still, but the problem still remains. Someone had replicated my problem prior. Do you have any suggestions on what else to try?

Cheers,
      Pierce

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Pierce,

I'm in contact with staff that replicated issue, however it was also on localhost so it's still hard to debug, as I we are not able to replicate this on live sites and I'm not able to replicate this on my localhost.
    I will consult this with our developers what can we check more and I will get back to you with more info.
    In the meantime can you check if you have maybe 5.5.12 PHP version on the local server?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Pierce,

Thanks for the info, seems that PHP version is not related as Nahid has different one and was able to replicate.
    But there are some good news - our developer checked this on his local installation and was able to replicate. So task for them is created and they are working on fixing this. As soon I will know more I will update thread.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.