Can't enable browser caching

When I run a performance test with Hummingbird I get this error reporting that I need to enable browser caching. But I'm not able to enable it.

• FZ

Hi i have similar problem with you, the browser caching indicator can not turn to green and always on yellow.
    But i solve the problem by myself
    1. insure you the hummingbird can write your htaccess
    2. choose your server type. im using on Plesk so i choose Litespeed
    3. if they still can not solve the problem both manual or automatic ways this my solution
    4. create free account on Cloudflare
    5. connect the hummingbird with Cloudflare
    6. Cloudflare will caching for you. Note hummingbird will still indicate yellow on dashboard, but in the real condition the caching maintain by cloudflare and not hummingbird so the indicator will be green only on caching selection but not on the dashboard.
    7. Cause ive integrate my site plugin with another site so giving a score 75 is good for me, cause we can leverage caching from external server.

hope my answer can help you.

• Huberson

Hello AfroMusicBox,
    The issue could be related to a write/read permissions to the site directory. I was unable to troubleshoot from the site with the provided credentials in chat and it's not really convenient to post the key in the forum.

You can setup an FTP with password or cpanel/host info and send that to us through our contact form using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Huberson Dorvilus"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP/host credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once you send those info we should be able to perform some more troubleshooting on that issue.

Thanks Franciscus Zheng for the detailed suggestions.

Kind regards,
    Huberson

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.