can't figure out correct banner size

Hi:

If you look at the site, you’ll see that the banner is weird – there’s a white space on the left that shouldn’t be there. We went through a bunch of different sized banners and finally got the left edge of the ‘F’ in FEW to line up with the left edge of the ‘H’ in the Home button, so that’s fine.

but rather than the way it looks now, the banner should look more like this screenshot I mocked up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokyoterri/7692357784/

(I can’t attach a screenshot to this note for some reason)

So, what should the dimensions of the banner be? Where should the ‘F’ in FEW be so that it lines up properly with the ‘H’?

thanks,

Terri

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Terri,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I checked your site and included a screen shot below and it looks beautiful! GREAT Job!

Realize the screen shot was taken on a computer with its resolution at 1920X1080 on a 32" Flat Monitor.

The only way I see to move the F would be to cut more off the left edge while adding more to the right – though I like it just the way it is.

In addition, from your screen shot, it appears that your resolution is quite a bit less then mine and it appears that you have wrapped the header – though each screen resolution is going to make that look quite different.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe:

Thank you!

I am still a bit confused…

1. I am using an old monitor, so it's not great quality.

2. Sorry I wasn't clear: I don't want to move the 'F' – it can stay as is.

3. What I want to do is figure out how to fill in the blank white space on the left with more of the background. So that the banner looks like the screenshot below.

I've uploaded the banner, as well. when we use this version, the F moves too far to the right. Do we need to use different dimensions for the banner?

I appreciate your help!

best,

Terri

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Terri,

I certainly see what you want to accomplish, but it cannot be accomplished just by resizing the header as you have probably found out already and to even get close to this look that you want you need to have an expanding/repeating header background and even that will not be absolutely perfect because of different resolutions of peoples computers.

But to get as close as possible while logged into your admin dashboard go to Appearance –> Custom Styling –> Layout styling –>

Insert your header background image full url here –> add the full URL to the header background as it says –> then choose repeat or applicable repeat.

Let me know how you make out :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.