Can't figure out how a user can register

set up levels and tested one of them , but after making payment through paypal I was re directed to my home page and didn't see anywhere to signup or login, how do I set this up in Pro sites
I'm very cofused

• Patrick

Hi there @la wright

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

The first thing to do is to update your install of the Pro Sites plugin to the latest version (3.4.7.2). You are using version 3.4.3.9 from last September. There have been 6 updates to the plugin since then.

Next, it's important to understand that Pro Sites does nothing with respect to registration & login on your site or network. Pro Sites simply enables you to set up paid upgrade packages for subsites in your network.

So it only kicks in when you or a user click an "upgrade" link or button, and then the only thing the plugin actually affects is the subsite that is upgraded.

I see on your site that you have a "Packages" page ( ../opm-digital-networks/ ) that requires the user to login before being able to select a site to upgrade. I also saw your "Pricing" page ( ../shortcode-demo/pricing-table/ ) which has nothing to do with the Pro Sites process.

So I went to your wp-signup.php page and created a test account ( pcwriter ). Then logged in and went back to visit your "Packages" page. There I am greeted by a message saying that I have no sites to upgrade (perfectly understandable as I, as a new user, haven't created any yet).

So what we need to determine first is if you want your users to be able to create a site when they first register, or if you want to allow only already registered users to create a site.

• la wright

Hey thanks for getting back Patrick
      I want your users to be able to create a site when they first register,
      Question 1: How do I update my pro site..I assumed that when I purchased it last week it would be the updated version
      Question 2: With regard to your reply (" I see on your site that you have a "Packages" page ( ../opm-digital-networks/ ) that requires the user to login before being able to select a site to upgrade. I also saw your "Pricing" page ( ../shortcode-demo/pricing-table/ ) which has nothing to do with the Pro Sites process.)
      The pricing page is actually the way I would prefer the sign up page to look rather than the prosite default layout...I want to be able to keep it consistent with the theme

• Ash

Hello @la wright

I hope you are well today.

I want your users to be able to create a site when they first register,

Please go to Network Admin > Settings > Network Settings > Registration > select "Both sites and user accounts can be registered." for Allow new registrations.

The pricing page is actually the way I would prefer the sign up page to look rather than the prosite default layout

This is not possible out of the box. You have to use the plugin default page, you can customize the css to overwrite the design though. In upcoming version, our developer is working on to have a custom checkout page so that you can design your own checkout page with packages etc. But for now, you have to use plugin default page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash