Can't figure out how to make an internal link open in a new tab through the Upfront text editor

Title say it all…

How do I make an internal link open in a new tab through the Upfront text editor?

• gjchandler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

To expand on this, I am looking to use the “post or page” type of link instead of an external link. I can see the option on a few of the other link types but not post or page, what am I missing?

I think what I’m looking for is a relative link that opens in a new tab, is there something like that in Upfront?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello gjchandler,

I hope you are well today.

Because most internal navigation would open target=”_self” Upfront does not offer an option to change the target of internal links to Posts/Pages. However, you can easily work around this by using the External Link option and providing the full URL of the Post/Page you wish to link to, then select the target=”_blank”.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• gjchandler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi James,

I suppose that kinda works but being that I do quite a bit of work between production and staging sites, having a hard coded link which might boot me into production without me noticing can cause a headache.

I also noticed it was easy to set target=”_blank” on the other link types so the feature looks easy to implement in your system. Would this be something you would consider adding to a future release?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello gjchandler,

I have moved this topic into the Features & Feedback section and have pinged our Dev Team about this for consideration for future releases. Please keep in mind that features are added on a popularity basis. The more members asking for it, the more likely it will make production.

Thanks again for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.