can't find mailchimp widget to customize

I just installed the MailChimp integration plug-in. I followed all the directions and then went to Appearance - Widgets and nothing. Not only do I not see that, but I don't see the "normal" screen that shows me all available widgets and lets me drag and drop. I'm not sure if it's my WP theme I'm using that is doing this or if I installed something wrong of if something is wrong with WP.

I'm using the latest version of WP and can send a screenshot if necessary.

Thanks!
Lindsay

Vinod Dalvi

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting on visiting widgets page in the admin area!

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi