can't find pages and demo data

Hi,

I'm very eager to start full use of Jobs & Experts on this site (ontech-university.com). Sadly, after installation and further activating the demo jobs and expert data among other addons, I can't seem to find the pages to add to my menus (except inbox and Jobs & Experts). On the Jobs & Experts page, clicking any of the icons (apart from the inbox) produces the note: you have no profile - but I expected that to intuitively lead to a profile creation if not pick up the BuddyPress profile of the logged in user by default....unless ofcourse, those two pages mentioned are the only two pages created- I expected all the virtual pages to become standard pages after activating the addon for standard pages. All help is welcome, svp.

Further, I activated the addon for BuddyPress integration but, though I don't quite know what to expect, I don't think it's working well with my users. My theme is fully WPLMS, which is a BuddyPress integrated LMS...so I expected my users to now be able to log in and start working smoothly with Jobs & Experts. I'd like to grant access to the site, so that you could directly help me get all the needed bits of your powerful plugin alive for my users.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

Nice

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice,

I hope you're well today and thank you for using our Jobs & Experts plugin!

I suppose you've already done this, but just to make sure: to fully activate demo data for both Jobs and Experts you need to go to your dashboard's

"Jobs" -> "Settings" -> "Jobs Demo Data" page

select settings and submit the form. The same should be repeated for

"Jobs" -> "Settings" -> "Experts Demo Data" page. (see first image)

As you've enabled the "Jobs & Experts Pages" (standard pages) add-on, you may want to go to your dashboard's

"Jobs" -> "Settings" -> "Pages Manager" page

where you can either assign already existing WordPress pages to various "parts" of Jobs & Experts plugin or create new ones. In case you are assigning an existing page, you need to make sure that proper shortcodes are included in this page's content.

Please see "Jobs" -> "Settings" -> "Shortcodes" page.

Once you've assigned all these pages, you should be able to easily add them to your menu and make use of demo data.

I hope that helps and if you need any further assistance with this, let me know please. I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Nice

Wow Adam....that helped me very well! As you may have noticed, I've granted you and colleagues access to my site: on the general page Jobs & Experts, the most important parts of the plugin are shown, which serves the main purpose well.
    Yet, it only picks up a logged in admin (doesn't include the BuddyPress profile picture etc. though). BUT, it doesn't seem to pick up a logged in user (a student in my LMS-Buddypress theme). As a result, only the logged in admin gets the button "My Profile". The logged in student only sees "Become an expert" at the bottom right of the main Jobs & Experts page.

Recap: 1)My Profile button for all my logged in users (BuddyPress site) on the general page en 2)Profile info picked up by plugin.

Thanks in advance,
    Nice

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nice,

Apologies for the delay on this thread.

1)My Profile button for all my logged in users (BuddyPress site) on the general page en

I did some testing with test account I created and wasn't able to get the field to show up, even tho it's working normally on my installation.
    Did you try running the basic troubleshooting by disabling other plugins and switching do default WP theme to check for any conflicts on that end?

2)Profile info picked up by plugin.

Could you please elaborate this part a bit more?

Compose Message / Send a new message, opens a half-complete message-composer view overlaying the current page

Could you try adding this CSS code and see if that fixes it?

.ig-container .modal-dialog {
    position: initial;
    }

If the theme is not one you made, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Nice

Good morning Predrag,

Many thanks for assisting me there.
    1) a)Well, as my site isn't really live and I really need the theme-installed plugins that are active on the site right now...I hope -with the access I've granted you - you would run the needed check to see if there's a conflict there....which I tend to slightly doubt. Many other plugins I tested have worked perfectly and I have rather high hopes of WPMUDEV plugins and their compatibilities with other quality WP plugins- which can be said of the ones my theme WPLMS runs with. So please feel free to make ultimate use of the access I've granted.
    b)Could the plugin be made to pull user info and login status from wordpress well? That may solve the whole, I guess.

2)a)The custom css helped: I don't know how significant that issue is with your users, but maybe an integrated (permanent) solution may be an idea.
    b) Can the custom css you provided have any influence on the site's performance? Just curious...

3) What I meant with "2)Profile info picked up by plugin." : I expected the information of the already registered site users, including their current profile picture on the site, to be automatically picked up (used) by Jobs & Experts once a user is logged in. It doesn't even work that way for the admin - who at this moment gets the My Profile button.

4)Please see the screenshot on dropbox of what I see when I (admin) click on My Profile : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o9czwl6cjhipsv/Screenshot%202015-06-29%2011.32.12.png?dl=0

5)What is the function of "Add an expert" : I assume it is more of "Register As Expert"...but if so, will it automatically be excluded from the J&E dashboard if a user has already registered as an expert?

I hope my questions lead to some insight and ultimately some solutions for more people than myself alone :slight_smile:. Thanks again for helping out..I look forward to answers

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice!

The thread's getting a bit complex so let's get through it one by one, would you mind?

1. "My Profile" button

I've double-checked this and as we're know clear about what we're referring to I can say that this profile button won't be visible unless the user (a.k.a "student":wink: is already an expert. Please see first screenshot: you can setup "My Profile" page ONLY for experts.

I think the workaround here would be to add an icon linking to the BuddyPress profile page directly inside the page template.

2)a)The custom css helped: I don't know how significant that issue is with your users, but maybe an integrated (permanent) solution may be an idea.
    b) Can the custom css you provided have any influence on the site's performance? Just curious...

It's great that it helped. It won't affect site's performance as this is just a very simple CSS rule - it will not increase bandwidth usage or slow down site's load time.

What I meant with "2)Profile info picked up by plugin." : I expected the information of the already registered site users, including their current profile picture on the site, to be automatically picked up (used) by Jobs & Experts once a user is logged in. It doesn't even work that way for the admin - who at this moment gets the My Profile button.

On the "Jobs" -> "Settings" -> "Page Manager" page you can select which page should be used as "My Profiles" page. You don't have to relay on automatically created page. Instead you can manually create a standard WordPress page and then fill it with profile information of your choice:

- using Jobs & Expert shortcodes ("Jobs" -> "Settings" - > "Shortcodes":wink:
    - using BuddyPress shortcodes (e.g.. this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bowe-codes/)
    - using WP and/or BuddyPress template functions

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-full-list-of-buddypress-template-tags

https://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags

Please see the screenshot on dropbox of what I see when I (admin) click on My Profile : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o9czwl6cjhipsv/Screenshot%202015-06-29%2011.32.12.png?dl=0

I think this is strictly related to the issue above, so the same rule applies here. However, would you please describe what exactly would you like to see there? Knowing that I could be more specific with my answer :slight_smile:

5)What is the function of "Add an expert" : I assume it is more of "Register As Expert"...but if so, will it automatically be excluded from the J&E dashboard if a user has already registered as an expert?

This is a good point. The idea here is to add new experts in case a user is allowed to. However a "regular user" isn't so I think that this button should either disappear or become something like "Become an Expert" or "Sign up as an Expert". I've already passed the issue to a plugin developer through our internal chat.

I hope I covered it all but if I missed something and/or you've got further questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Nice

Hi Adam... +1 for your kind help.

Indeed the thread is growing.
    Though I understand that implementing the shortcodes on a self made page would simplify a lot as no compatibility issues have been spotted by you, a few isn't clear yet.

If the integration with BuddyPress is alive, then I'd expect a logged in student to see something like prefilled name(fields) when he clicks on Add an Expert (with which he can add himsels as an expert). I'd love your clarification...and maybe in addition to that a brief check on the clearness/intuitiveness of such basic parts of the plugin.

Could you please let me know when a fix for the unclear Add an Expert slug will arrive / your expert advice for a fix on my end :slight_smile:?

I think that should be it...I must say I hoped to install and fly as was the case with Appointments+, but those are just expectations. Thanks in advance.

Regards

• Nice

Whilest awaiting your response....: one of the users (student) on my site has 'added' herself as an expert but still can't see the My Profile button, which has a shortcode available on the page. The "Add an expert" still remains on her page (the general J&E page)...any expert could keep adding other 'experts' to the site. Please take a good look at the various parts- it's not really one intuitive whole at the moment.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Though I understand that implementing the shortcodes on a self made page would simplify a lot as no compatibility issues have been spotted by you, a few isn't clear yet.

I think that the "shortcode/template tags based" implementation can take a bit more time and work but in case of some non-default setups it brings better results and also gives you more "creative space" :slight_smile:

If the integration with BuddyPress is alive, then I'd expect a logged in student to see something like prefilled name(fields) when he clicks on Add an Expert (with which he can add himsels as an expert). I'd love your clarification...and maybe in addition to that a brief check on the clearness/intuitiveness of such basic parts of the plugin.

I've just realized the most important part here: it turns out that I've never referred to a BuddyPress integration. I've re-read you first post and you mentioned there that you've "enabled the BuddyPress" add-on. Actually, just to make 100% sure, I've double-checked it again on my clean (newest release) Jobs & Experts install and there's no such an add-on at all.

The docs for Jobs & Expert state that it's BuddyPress compatible but this doesn't mean that there's a tight integration of both plugins.

That said, I might be missing something here as well. Please advise!

Could you please let me know when a fix for the unclear Add an Expert slug will arrive / your expert advice for a fix on my end :slight_smile:?

As much as I'd love to, I'm not able to give you any ETA on this. I've passed the info to the developer but neither can I speak for him nor there's a roadmap available for this. All the feature requests are usually based on how many members of our community ask for them and all the bugs are being fixed as soon as possible. This being clearly an error should be addressed soon but I'm not aware of estimated time of arrival.

Whilest awaiting your response....: one of the users (student) on my site has 'added' herself as an expert but still can't see the My Profile button, which has a shortcode available on the page. The "Add an expert" still remains on her page (the general J&E page)...any expert could keep adding other 'experts' to the site. Please take a good look at the various parts- it's not really one intuitive whole at the moment.

This is clearly one more thing I should checkout. Unfortunately, the support access you've granted has already expired. Would you please kindly re-grant it for me so I could take another look?

Thanks,
    Adam

• Nice

Thank you once again Adam.

I had extended the access to 2nd July yesterday...so checking would have helped :slight_smile:. No prob...I've taken it to 3rd July, giving more space.

You see, I don't actually classify the "Add an Expert" fix as a regular feature request, dear Adam...it's really a fix to an existing unclarity. But lest we dive into nomenclature...it's ok. I know now -I can't expect a solution to something that essential (it really takes a bite out of the flow) - creativity with shortcodes or not, it seems logic to me that a Sign up as an expert shortcode/function should be standard and working well for a plugin that thrives partly on becoming an expert/ posting a job. It's fine though: I understand your point.

Regarding my unmet expectations of the plugin, please see my correspondence with WPMUDEV based on which I finally decided to go for the plugin, thus upgrade my account:

Reply by: Jude

Howdy Nice
    1) Features like freelance/ standard hirings, messaging, document sharing etc are not supported out of the box. You will require quite a bit of custom work done on top of the base plugin to get it working.
    2) If you install it on the same site then the plugin should work with BuddyPress without the need for additional signups
    3) It should work fine with most themes out of the box. You may need to tweak a couple of things to get done smoothly but thats it.
    4) Ofcourse we'd be happy to discuss a discount with you. You would need to contact our accounts department.
    Select "I have a billing question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned correctly
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    Hope that helps
    Jude

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/jobs-and-experts-a-freelance-platform-plugin-too#post-895869 "

• Nice

There is a new post on [jobs and experts, a freelance platform plugin too?]

Hi there @Nice
    So sorry about that, I accidentally added a NOT also what I meant is that you would need some work over the base plugin to get it working like oDesk or Elance.
    Its edited now :slight_smile:
    Apologies for the confusion.
    Jude
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/jobs-and-experts-a-freelance-platform-plugin-too#post-895898

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice,

I hope you're well today!

I apologize for the delay on my side, I've been off yesterday (my "weekend" instead of weekend).

You see, I don't actually classify the "Add an Expert" fix as a regular feature request, dear Adam...it's really a fix to an existing unclarity. But lest we dive into nomenclature...it's ok.

Sure I shouldn't call that a "feature request", as this is clearly either a bug or an unclear workflow idea. I've asked the developer to check it out and do what's has to be done, however - still, even though it's not a feature request - I'm not able to give any ETA. This is because our developers do deal with a load of various issues related to over 150 plugins of ours and although what you as a member of our community ask for is essential, the priorities (in terms of "task queue") change from hour to hour. I'm pretty sure though this will be fixed soon.

2) If you install it on the same site then the plugin should work with BuddyPress without the need for additional signups

I suppose you're referring to the above part mostly. However this is true and the plugin works with BuddyPress out-of-the-box (it doesn't require any additional registration/user creation) the term "integration" can actually mean a lot of different things. It's possible then that this wasn't made clear enough and I'm sorry for this.

That said, my job here is to assist you as much as possible, so hopefully we'll get all the issues sorted out in no-time. Thank you for your patience!

There is a new post on [jobs and experts, a freelance platform plugin too?]

(...)

Let me please include @Jude here to take over this part, if you don't mind :slight_smile:

As for the "no My Profile" button issue. I've checked it on your site and on my sandbox and I can confirm that it absolutely should be there. I've also compared some settings of your site with both mine and defaults and it seems like this is another issue I need to ask the developers to address it.

It would be great if you could keep the support access open as they may need to take another look (apart of mine) at your site. Please keep an eye on this thread also!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Nice

Thanks for your reply Adam...later than I hoped for, yet very much appreciated.

If I may be honest with you...you should be able to deduce from my pre-sales correspondence with WPMUDEV team that having no need for extra signup on my site was essential to me. I wouldn't round that off with "It's possible then that this wasn't made clear enough..." There is not much more clarity needed there - it was NO, no extra signup needed if your BuddyPress members are logged in. No juggling with words there, I understand the broad spectrum of implications of the word "integration" quite well.
    You may have noticed a brief remark in one of my previous replies: I hope, at its least, you understand my disappointment as I really went for the upgrade mainly for this plugin: basic parts I really epected to have smooth default behavior are proving quite a challenge and I feel it would simply have been brushed off as a feature request or any other "wait until we have time for this" situ, had I not worded my dismay as I did.

That said, I appreciate your help so far; I'll keep the access alive for "as long as" needed and hope for some favorable priority....not much of that though, as I wish others a quick solution, who are facing comparable troubles which shouldn't be the case and entered those before me.

Anyone who can help and any help...both most welcome. It doesn't need to be Jude for any non-specific reason. My regards to him, though.

Have a blessed evening Adam!

• Jude

I just looked into the site .. was not able to spot the exact issue here ( forgive my slow mind) . A user should be able to sign up one time and use that account to post, view and manage jobs. The may need to add additional data for their expert profiles like skills because otherwise it assumes that ALL users on the site are experts and must fill out expert profiles which may not make sense in most cases.

Let me know of the exact issue .. would be glad to look in

Jude

• Nice

Hi Jude....thanks there. Phew...after so many notes in this thread it may be most efficient if you'd read well through the notes above. the issue has been named quite a number of times.

Well, let me practise some more patience :slight_smile::
    Issue 1) when a user logs in on the site, he can't find a My Profile button on the J&E page, whereas the button shortcode is there. Adam adviced that the user has to separately sign up as an Expert in order to get the My Profile button to show....note that this already crashes the fact that I was made to understand NO EXTRA SIGNUP NEEDED (this is totally different from needing to add 'additional data').
    -so well, I humbly had my logged in user signup as expert, but that hasn't solved the issue, as Adam attests after also creating a profile on my site (which flows through BuddyPress) and going through the process as he advised me. He discovered there issue 1, which I hoped should have been made known to you already.

Issue 2): the Add an Expert button looses essence with speed... May I conclude that, in a plugin as this, there really is no clear Join as an Expert/ Register as expert/ Signup button c.q. form? Intuitiveness...?
    Back to the main point of this issue: I take a humble step aback, and did the above mentioned signup by adding an expert, which is my logged in user. But ALAS, Add an expert button still remains - implying that a logged in user can keep adding Experts on my site? You would logically say "no, you can limit the number of experts addable.". Well, yes I discovered that one too, but it becomes an all or nothing problem then: a) I place the shortcode for Add Expert on a page and after 1 expert (the limiti I impose) has been added by a logged in user (being himself) the button still remains- leaving the user to assume he could add another expert. But no, he's in for a little surprise, as he will simply get the note that he has reached his limit. Why wouldn't the plugin authors code that button to vanish when Add limit has been reached?
    b) I exclude that shortcode/button on the page: chips there!! My logged in user has no way on earth to become an expert.

Issue 3) I discovered that, however unlogic as it certainly is- the site admin does get treated to a My profile button, whether or not he is an Added Expert. But here's his surprise: upon clicking on My Profile he gets a table list of Jobs he's posted....isn't that counter-intuitive/unnatural - of which I added a screenshot but Adam didn't show any vicinity of understanding why anyone would find non-logic. I parked that readily.

Next to my med. school housemanships, I'm having to recall matters I've ellaborated in the past few days: I hope you'll understand my missing out some minor points, the main ones being stated above. It could be non-logic as well, that the major problems which have been even passed on to the plugin developer, haven't been made clear to you as you took over. Much is non-logic...I think it's ok. If you are convinced that the plugin is doing just OK, we both know I can't wrestle that much.

Thanks for being so kind and trying to help out.

Cheers

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice!

Well, let me practise some more patience :slight_smile::

I'm very thankful for this and I really do admire your patience!

As for the issues. I assure your that the developer is working on it so either a quick-fix (with permanent solution following upon the next plugin release) or an update or a "better than mine" explanation on how to setup things should be on its way very soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread!

Have a nice day!
    Adam

• Nice

Thanks Adam! Very much appreciated. You can tell by my reaction speed that there's quite a bit of vigilance here to have this 'potentially' awesome plugin doing its magic on my site.

Though my student's wage may hinder me from extending my subscriptions month and again, I see you value my patience so patient I shall be until such time that..:slight_smile:

Beautiful weekend Adam!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nice,

I hope you're doing fine today!

I apologize for the delay here and I assure you that our 2nd-support line is working on this. Unfortunately, sometimes reasons for such issues are quite difficult to find and/or fix but I'm sure we're getting closer to the solution.

Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep you informed.

Once again, thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Nice

Good day! Another 10 days gone by :slight_smile:.... as my hard-made subscription cost is about to end, I'm kinda wondering how things are going? I understand most businesses would do anything to 'help' clients extend subscriptions with them....yet I think WPMUDEV folks are different. After some 2 weeks, a directional (more specific) update could be there somewhere...I guess :slight_smile:.

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nice,

I'm so sorry this got prolonged for so long, we are doing our best to keep up with everyone and we do care about happy customers, when users are happy it makes us happy :slight_smile:
    Customizing the plugin to do something it's not designed to do can be tricky job and unfortunately we don't have enough manpower to assist on complex changes.

I have notified the developer by private message about this and he will be here as soon as possible to see if there is something that could be done here.

Thank you,
    Predrag

• Nice

Thank you very much Predrag,

Just a small recap..." Customizing the plugin to do something it's not designed to do can be tricky job and unfortunately we don't have enough manpower to assist on complex changes."

That's some news to me now as the history of this thread doesn't imply that I'm requesting a customizing for features unnatural to the plugin. No please, we're speaking of making the plugin function as it is supposed to, but is NOT.

It seems to me that underlying tone of your writing depicts there hasn't been much work to this end...due to reasons. Well that kind of update is also an update. Fairness would imply, that you all please try to understand that the main issue here is that some pre-sales questions I asked about the plugin features essential for me, were not answered right. Besides, there is no way to test drive this plugin before purchase. Hence, I bought the plugin c.q. upgraded my membership with reason to expect features it hasn't manifested after much toil, and your colleagues are (should be) aware of that.

Some frankness, svp: read through my pre-sales question, please. Know why we are where we are now; my subscription ends in a week and my student's 2x4 extra earning can't carry anther extension for a plugin that isn't working right; name a theme the plugin works perfectly with or point me towards a site having the plugin work without 'customization' apart from your own; these are things that could help my understanding.

My friend, two of your colleagues have signed up on my site and gone through the workings of this plugin: it may be unclear to me what they did and what they found out...but it shouldn't to you. Be certain of this, I'm not asking for features that don't belong to the plugin, regarding what I read in its descriptions and the answers I gained to my pre-sales questions, quoted in this thread.

Regards

• Hoang Ngo

Hi there,

I hope you are well today, and I'm sorry for the delay :slight_frown:.

Our plug in actually a modified version of our Job Board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/. So it won't work like the Elance/Odesk or Guru.com.
    So let back to your questions

Issue 1) when a user logs in on the site, he can't find a My Profile button on the J&E page, whereas the button shortcode is there. Adam adviced that the user has to separately sign up as an Expert in order to get the My Profile button to show....note that this already crashes the fact that I was made to understand NO EXTRA SIGNUP NEEDED (this is totally different from needing to add 'additional data').
    -so well, I humbly had my logged in user signup as expert, but that hasn't solved the issue, as Adam attests after also creating a profile on my site (which flows through BuddyPress) and going through the process as he advised me. He discovered there issue 1, which I hoped should have been made known to you already.

We can do something like this:
    1. For unregistered user - When users register an account for your site, we will automate to create an Expert Profile for the user. So later, he/she will see the button My Profile by default.
    2. For registered user - When they are logged in, we can check if they have a profile or not, if not, just create one.
    3. We can hide the Add new profile button via a WordPress filter.
    I think that can help with this issue too

Issue 2): the Add an Expert button looses essence with speed... May I conclude that, in a plugin as this, there really is no clear Join as an Expert/ Register as expert/ Signup button c.q. form? Intuitiveness...?
    Back to the main point of this issue: I take a humble step aback, and did the above mentioned signup by adding an expert, which is my logged in user. But ALAS, Add an expert button still remains - implying that a logged in user can keep adding Experts on my site? You would logically say "no, you can limit the number of experts addable.". Well, yes I discovered that one too, but it becomes an all or nothing problem then: a) I place the shortcode for Add Expert on a page and after 1 expert (the limiti I impose) has been added by a logged in user (being himself) the button still remains- leaving the user to assume he could add another expert. But no, he's in for a little surprise, as he will simply get the note that he has reached his limit. Why wouldn't the plugin authors code that button to vanish when Add limit has been reached?
    b) I exclude that shortcode/button on the page: chips there!! My logged in user has no way on earth to become an expert.

Issue 3) I discovered that, however unlogic as it certainly is- the site admin does get treated to a My profile button, whether or not he is an Added Expert. But here's his surprise: upon clicking on My Profile he gets a table list of Jobs he's posted....isn't that counter-intuitive/unnatural - of which I added a screenshot but Adam didn't show any vicinity of understanding why anyone would find non-logic. I parked that readily.

By default, these are multiple jobs/expert profiles. However, I can modify it like the way you need, like when user click on that button, it will redirect directly to the profile of that user, instead of the profiles manager page.

If you are fine with that, I will send you some custom code, which will help :slight_smile:

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience :slight_frown:, and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Nice

Best Hoang,

May I start by saying thank you for your solution-directed message.

We can do something like this:
    1. For unregistered user - When users register an account for your site, we will automate to create an Expert Profile for the user. So later, he/she will see the button My Profile by default.
    2. For registered user - When they are logged in, we can check if they have a profile or not, if not, just create one.
    3. We can hide the Add new profile button via a WordPress filter.
    I think that can help with this issue too

1. and 2. : sound very good.
    3. I don't know how that will work out in the general flow of the plugin functionality, but it sounds better than the current situation.

By default, these are multiple jobs/expert profiles. However, I can modify it like the way you need, like when user click on that button, it will redirect directly to the profile of that user, instead of the profiles manager page.

To keep things simple and logic in the plugin: clicking on My Profile should simply open the profile page of a logged-in user where editing profile is possible.
    I expect we're on the same line here, that My profile page is different from clicking on the Profile of another user to see his experience/portfolio etc.

Adding the above considerations would make an effective solution I will praise WPMUDEV for. Thank you in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

Regards

• Nice

Thanks again, Hoang.

Lovely so far, but the my profile button only shows for the admin and works perfectly for the admin. I checked for an existing user account that was already added as expert and the My Profile button is not showing.
    I also just created a new user account on the site and all other button are working well but the my profile button does not show up there too.

These are the shortcodes on my Jobs&Experts page: [jbp-job-browse-btn][jbp-expert-browse-btn][jbp-job-post-btn][jbp-expert-post-btn text:Become][jbp-my-job-btn][jbp-expert-profile-btn]

[jbp-landing-page].

I've just granted support access so that you can quickly see it.

*Addition: The My Jobs Button doesn't also show for other users, except for the admin.

Almost there...and I'm glad that. Thank you

• Nice

.....and 2 minor ones: under the Social Profile section on the Profile page there is this error, due to which I can't add/edit the social profiles.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ontech/domains/ontech-university.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/components/ig-social-wall.php on line 231.

and when logged in on the site as Admin I can't add, delete or even edit the items under "Attach specs examples or extra information".

Thanks so much!

• Nice

Dear friends,
    It's been almost two days since I posted a request that will most probably be the last I'll have to make and then fully enjoy the plugin...but unfortunately, granting access and mailing to the attention of Hoang haven't offered any luck.
    Please help me on this final bit. Or at least, show me how to get the social profile part out of the Profile page etc...Although I believe it's a great feature, this may be an unattractive but better case than having errors show on the site.

Warm regards

• Hoang Ngo

@Nice,
    In the file /jobs-plus/app/components/ig-social-wall.php line 231, you will see a code block like this

foreach (glob($this->plugin_url . 'assets/social_icon/*.png') as $file) {
                    $list[pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME)] = array(
                        'key' => pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME),
                        'name' => ucfirst(pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME)),
                        'url' => $this->plugin_url . 'assets/social_icon/' . pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_BASENAME)
                    );
                }

Please update to

foreach ((array)glob($this->plugin_url . 'assets/social_icon/*.png') as $file) {
                    $list[pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME)] = array(
                        'key' => pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME),
                        'name' => ucfirst(pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_FILENAME)),
                        'url' => $this->plugin_url . 'assets/social_icon/' . pathinfo($file, PATHINFO_BASENAME)
                    );
                }

Let's see if it help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Nice

@Ajay Great to see you're interested to dive further into our platform. Well, we're currently busy with course creation (getting the videos done and transcribing them) as the main skeleton of the site is done. For that reason course creation and relevant guides are not yet available to others...that will be the case when the site is publicly launched with our own courses fully running and our marketing has kicked of: that is when we will need more instructors to help us create more programming courses, maintain the student forum and job portal, and with even more projects.
      That's why we'll quickly contact anyone who would like to join our instructors team in person. No one apart from WPMUDEV and a few family members of my team, know about the site yet :slight_smile:.
      If you'd like to help me in course creation (it's mainly about learning HTML, CSS, JS, Swift, Objective C and Java) and you have ideas, I'm eager to hear from you :slight_smile:. Else I will personally notify you when we are ready to go live for developers (Instructors) and Students.

Humble regards,
      Nice