Can't get autoblog to work, receiving errors

Here are the feeds:
http://herald-review.com/search/?f=rss&c=news/local/crime-and-courts&sd=desc&s=start_time
http://www.wandtv.com/Global/category.asp?C=99886&clienttype=rss

They are real RSS feeds. They validate.

For the first feed, I get these errors:
WP HTTP Error: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
This XML document is invalid, likely due to invalid characters. XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1, column 1

For the second feed, I get this error:
This XML document is invalid, likely due to invalid characters. XML error: Mismatched tag at line 8, column 8

After reading some of the other threads, I increased my timeout to 60 in htaccess.
I have "force feed" on.

I don't know what else to do.

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hey Matt,

    I hope you're well today!

    I've tested both feeds of yours on my test WP install and I was able to successfully import them. However, the first one takes a lot of time to load and it didn't work fine first time. I've opened the feed with my browser just to check it on and I'm thinking that it might be coming from either slow or temporary overloaded server. That said, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix this.

    As for the second feed. I was able to import it without any hassle but please keep the "Allow force feed" add-on enabled and make sure that you've enabled the "Force feed" option in feed's configuration. Also, please enable the "Disable sanitization" add-on ("Auto Blog" -> "Add-ons" in your dashboard) and once it's done - enable "Disable sanitization" option in feed's configuration.

    This may also positively affect the first feed in question if you enable the same option in its configuration.

    Let me know please if it helped!

    Cheers,
    Adam

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi @Matt,

    Hope you're doing well today and apologies for the delay on this thread.

    Since Adam confirmed that the feeds are working for him there might be something on your setup that is causing the issue.

    That being said can you try disabling any security plugins you have, and if you have caching plugins enabled try clearing the cache and then disabling them as well.

    Also, I would suggest that you your .htaccess file and check if there are any rules that could be blocking this, try using default WP .htaccess rules and see if it's working for you after that.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.