Cant get custom field or map zoom to work, need help please!

Hello,

I have tried installing and uninstalling several times but I cant get this plugin to work for the life of me.

The 2 things I needs the most dont work.....I cant get it to work with a custom field even tho I have it checked and the name of the field and also the default map zoom doesnt work on the widget. It just shows the complete north & south america map.

I really need this for a project, any help would be appreciated. I can give login info to access my site.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @terry_lamar

Then we would need to check for possible script, plugin or theme conflicts. Basic troubleshooting protocol is as follows:

Revert to the default Twenty-Eleven theme and deactivate all other plugins. Is the problem still there? If yes, then something may be wonky in the plugin :slight_smile:

If the issue is no longer present, reactivate your theme. Does the issue re-appear? If yes, theme conflict.

If the issue still does not re-appear, re-activate plugins one by one until it does and you find the conflicting plugin.

Once we've zeroed in on whatever may be the cause of your issue, we'll be better equipped to deal with it.

In the meantime... Happy holidays!

• terry_lamar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick,

Using no plugins installed except google maps and easy custom types, using twenty-eleven theme, the "zoom" does not work.

Once you activate using custom fields, add a location, nothing shows up UNTIL you click on the "add map" icon and add the address there. Then the custom field address kicks in and BOTH addresses appear.....but not zoomed in.

So for sure some issues with this plugin.

I can add you as admin if that would help.

Thanks for your continued help!

Have a nice Holiday!

• Ray
    • New Recruit

Hi terry can you share how you got the custom fields to work? I had the same issue, except that for me the custom fields was working when I first installed the plugin.

After adding in some more posts to my website, the maps disappeared (on both widget and posts).

I have disabled all plugins and also tried removing and installing Google Maps plugin again but doesn't work.

• Ray
    • New Recruit

Another question is, say I already have a few hundred posts on my website and already have longitude and latitude custom fields for each of them. When I install Google Maps plugin, will maps be created for existing posts?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there,

I noticed that we are still waiting for a response from you, have you managed to solve this? please let us know how you are getting on or if you need any further help or if in fact the problem is now solved.

Cheers, PC

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.