Cant get floating social to align properly on my site.

I have installed the floating social plugin, but can't get it to align properly with my site as it is in the video on wpmudev website.

I would want to align my to be like that but it is misaligned as display here: https://dearfinder.com/home-garden/listing/high-gloss-kitchen-cabinet/

All help appreciated.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Alignment issues with "Floating Social" bar are usually related indirectly to the theme on site and/or plugins - their CSS. This however should be possible to fix with some additional custom CSS and adjusting plugin settings. While I could help you with CSS right now, I wouldn't be able to change plugin settings so would you mind granting me a support access to your site?

You may do this by following this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I would then visit the site and help you set plugin and provide you with CSS to make it work.

Let me know when I can access the site please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory!

Thanks for granting access. Could you please check your site now to see how the Floating Social looks and let me know if that's fine?

I may have gone a bit too far with changing background but you can easily change it by yourself on "Settings -> Floating Socials" page of your main site (Not "Network admin"). If there's anything more I could do to assist you with this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory!

I checked your site again in order to try to make more changes that you requested but it seems that you reverted all the changed that I made previously. I'm a bit confused now I admit. What kind of assistance should I provide you with? I'll be more than happy to help but I'd like to know "where we stand" now :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Gregory
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have not reverted all changes, I just disable frontpage viewing. It shows on the other pages. That's the only change I made.

As I said, the social icons take up too much space on mobile, so I disable frontpage until I get a better solution.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the help

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory!

At a time when I was writing my recent post the "Floating Social" was showing up on the front-page with the default look and behavior, that's why I asked about reverting changes. I suppose now that it might have been just a caching issue in my browser. Sorry about that and thank you for explanation.

One issue am having is that the facebook like is not aligned with the rest of the other social icons.

The FB button is actually wider than other buttons and since it's fetched directly from Facebook API that generates dynamically an "iframe" element on your site (an "iframe" element is basically kind of a "browser in browser") I'm not able to change it's size to much other elements. That's why I styled Floating Socials to be wide enough to include that button and centered the button so it align "reasonably" with others.

I can see though that it's indeed a bit misaligned in terms of vertical position so I added some additional CSS to make it more even.

I have also added a CSS "slide-in" effect that should work for screens 460px wide and smaller. That breakpoint value can be change though. To adjust it please find this line

@media screen and (max-width:460px) {

in an "Additional CSS" box on "Floating Social" settings for your main site and change the "max-width:" value in pixels. You can also adjust "how far" the bar should be hidden in default state by adjusting negative value in this line:

left:-65px!important;

Please note: for changes to take effect you will most likely need to clear WP Super Cache cache after saving them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.