Can't get past Activate Managed Backups

When I try to activate Managed backups the page just refreshes without the secret key. Attached is a screencast to show you what I mean. I'm copying any pasting the key from my profile, and there is no error displayed.

What am I doing wrong?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Benjmain,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

In order to activate managed backups you need to copy the secret key from The Hub and then paste it back in the field. From the same screen, you will have a link to your site on hub from where you can copy the secret key (see below screenshot) and paste it back in Please, enter your secret key: field and then click on Activate Managed Backups button.

Also your screenshot did not come through. If its not where you are trying to activate the managed backups then please attach the screenshot so I could take a look.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Benjmain , I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for making the screencast.

On the Snapshot > Managed Backups page, is there are any JS errors in the developer console?
    To check for the JS errors, please right-click on the empty space of the browser > Inspect , and click on the Console tab.
    https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/

Would you please deactivate all the other plugins, except the Snapshot plugin and try again to activate the managed backups?

Also, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Ben
    • Bandoneonista

I just tried this again to look for javascript errors. When I clicked the link to find my snapshot key it opened the The Hub but did not open the popup with the key. So I searched for and used the API key instead. Tonight, the link opened the popup window with the key and I was able to activate.

I would recommend some kind of error message when the key doesn't work. Had I know the key I entered was invalid I would have had a good place to start looking for a solution.

Thanks!

• Ben
    • Bandoneonista

Yes I understand. I think the important information for WPMUDEV is that the hub was not giving me the key, and there was no error when the wrong key was used. These 2 things could be easily improved on your end to avoid problems like these for others.

Thanks,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.