Membership Plugin

I'm trying to learn how this plugin functions and haven't been able to get consistent (or really any) results to work as it appears to me they are supposed to.

I've set up a screen movie to view the situation i'm in on my test server. Can someone from support have a look and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

http://bit.ly/hewAmC

• saraswati1111
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

sorry to keep posting, i'm very frustrated, this plugin is not working and I have a deadline that I based on the fact that I thought it would be working, old version does not work with categories and current beta version not re-directing.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello saraswati1111,

Apologies for having somehow missed this thread! I've got the plugin working on a few test sites, working fine with the widgets and what not. Regarding the categories, could you perhaps try inverting the rules on them so that if they're currently positive, you would make them negative rules and vice versa? Not sure if that would resolve it but I'm thinking it's a possible resolve.

Also, is there a way you could provide us screenshots of the membership level (the rules setup) that's having that particular category issue?

And regarding the widgets, are they not working at all for you? Or are they working contrary to their membership level settings?

Thanks,
    David

• saraswati1111

Hey,

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Is there an example of a site setup that I can see using authorize.net.

I basically need to set up a site that functions like I imagine most membership sites would.

Person chooses a membership option enters there credit card info and if it's a monthly subscription gets charged every month. It doesn't make sense to me that someone would have to first register as a user for wordpress and then choose a subscription plan which is what seems to be happening on my test server that is set up. I'm trying to set up with Authorize.net sandbox and nothing seems to be happening in terms of register buttons getting set up like they do when i choose the paypal option.

I can set this up on a "live" test server but I really need an actual working example of a site that is functioning so I have a basic understanding of what's supposed to be happening.

thanks

• emagineit
    • Flash Drive

I have seen your other post with Authorize.net,it is my plan to implement down the line after few weeks.So can you tell me in simple terms the issue is that subscription NOT WORKING at all with Authorize.net OR for subscriptions users are first being asked to register at site?
    Best of luck with your site.

• saraswati1111

emaginit, I think my issue is with both things, first off it is strange that someone has to sign up as a member before actually choosing and creating their subscription plan.

While testing in beta I set up a user account with first form and then wasn't able to register (see below) but still then received an e-mail saying I had a new account in WordPress site etc, and when I went to login with user name and password it didn't work.

2nd, i'm in the process of setting up the authorize.net account so am just using the sandbox information for testing and all that appears on the subscription page is the titles of my subscriptions with no links to them. I see that in the paypal settings there is a setting where you set the location of the image link. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen with authorize.net.

The last stable version doesn't seem to be working nor does the beta for basic functionality that is described on the plugin's description page.

I'm using a lot of time to try to sort this out that needs to be dedicated to a working solution. What does the "guaranteee" entail and is this plugin covered under the "guarantee".

Thanks.

• saraswati1111

Well, had to go with another membership plugin.

Can someone clarify for me how the guarantee works? I'm disappointed that I had to go with another option but this plugin really isn't ready for a live site and i've had that happen with a few other plugins that i've tried.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

irst off it is strange that someone has to sign up as a member before actually choosing and creating their subscription plan

Unfortunately you need to have a user account in order to link a subscription to it - if it was the other way around then you would have a payment with nothing to link to.

While testing in beta I set up a user account with first form and then wasn't able to register (see below) but still then received an e-mail saying I had a new account in WordPress site etc, and when I went to login with user name and password it didn't work.

If the user doesn't complete the subscription set up then the account is disabled - this is a setting in the options panel.

The last stable version doesn't seem to be working nor does the beta for basic functionality that is described on the plugin's description page.

Any details on the functionality that isn't working?

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

I think most people using multi-site would agree that it's awkward to have people register first and then make a payment. The issue here must be the multi-site versus regular single-site memberships.

Okay I get that... but the problem doesn't seem that hard to understand.

My two cents... You can assume that everyone who wants multi-site membership will eventually find your site and after watching the video's they'll think this is a great solution. Also assume that those same people will want to create sites that allow people to signup (free or paid) and gain access to create blogs, and/or gain access to selective content. At the end-of-term, paid accounts can be automatically downgraded to free accounts or optionally renewed. Also free accounts could set to expire and require payment to upgrade. The sign-up routine is very important to us as WPMU members/customers. So much so that everything else becomes a distant second in terms of making money online (in my humble opinion).

Signup Routine Proposal

A registration form with payment credentials (optional depending on the plan you choose)
    ...for instance if you choose free plan you don't need to fill out the payment credentials. However free accounts can (optionally) be set to expire at which time they can be upgraded.

Just a thought...

• saraswati1111

I'm not sure if the category setting works with 1.0.5 and WP 3.1, i'm pretty sure i tried that as well.

I saw another thread saying to use 1.1 beta and then I encountered other issues with that and haven't been able to test how the payment process works with authorize.net.

I would love if someone had a fully functional version of the plugin running with authorize.net and I was able to see it in action.

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Not sure you got what I meant. In the video you show the positive rules you have set for free and premium users, meaning (users a each level can see certain things).

so using that same concept and additional rules in the "negative rules" area for the things you don't want people to see/do.

I'm just starting with WPMU plugins so this is just my attempt to help. :grinning:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.