can't get product listings to change

sorry - it's early(well... late for me after pulling an all nighter setting things up)

I can't get the product listing pages to change the way they display products on one of the subdomain sites....

http://velux.shopcentral.com.au/

have changed the product list settings in products > store settings > presentation, but the layout does not change..... they cascade down the page diagonally in some weird way (see attachment)

is this something to do with the permalinks maybe? I'm still trying to get my head around these.

Sorry to hit you up so often but it's all coming together well and we're covering a lot of ground quickly. These support requests will taper off very soon I promise!! :slight_smile:

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @fanatic1,

I presume you're looking for the products to cascade vertically. To do this you need to make a small amendment to your theme (in the styles.css file). You need to add:

#mp_product_list .mp_product {
        clear: left;
    }

That will line them up nicely. Try it, and let us know if you get stuck.

• fanatic1
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hey thanks - I put that in the custom css file and it's working. A bigger gap between the bottom of the first item and the top of the second, and so on would be good....

it's hard when viewing to differentiate the <model number and product description text> to the pictures easily, as the one above is almost as close to the writing as the one below...

but hey? looking much better now. cheers!!

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Glad I could help.

For the spacing you might want to try playing with adding margin-top and margin-bottom to the bit of code I gave you.... so for example:

#mp_product_list .mp_product {
        clear: left;
        margin-top: 10px;
    }

would add a 1- pixel margin to the top of each one (though this would include the first one moving it down the page 10 pixels.

have a play and see what you come up with... it's the best way to learn :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.