Can't get Snapshot to do any backups

We can't get any backups to work on one of our sites using Snapshot pro, we have managed backups and local backups setup but none of are working.

Support access has been granted, could someone please assist with this?

• James Morris

Hello Lakewood,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for having Support Staff Login enabled so I could look into this issue.

I've attempted to run one of your manual snapshots and I get as far as the media library before it hangs at 0% on the media library. Looking over your config in WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Support -> System Info, I'm seeing that your max_execution_time is set a little low.

Would you please increase max_execution_time to 180 or higher? If you're not sure how to do this, the following article will guide you through the process for many hosting providers. See: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Also, would you please add the following to your wp-config.php file just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

// Reduce Snapshot File Chunks
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);

Once you have done the above, would you please try re-running a manual snapshot?

If that does not work, we'll need to go a little deeper into the troubleshooting...

First, could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then save the file as a .txt file and upload it here as an attachment to your post.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.