Can't get subdomains working

Hi,

I’ve posted several times here and am still lost. The only thing that works for my multi-site is that I have Google analytics providing a general report for the main install domain. It does not break down by subdomain or different domains on the same network. I’ve hired two separate engineers to install the plugin and neither of them succeeded.

Can you please kindly provide a fresh set of instrucitons? You did not provide any screen shots of what it’s supposed to look like as we walk through the Google steps. Congratulations on your plugin stumping my two engineers on simple install.

M

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi alberti,

Taking a look at the instructions, I really couldn’t see how else to improve them except maybe to link to Google Analytics resources. The plugin provides a settings area on a per site basis as well network basis and the options are rather few since it all simply relies on Google Analytics.

If it’s regarding how you would expect the stats to look at Google Analyatics, that’s definitely something we’ll consider. I’ll ask a few of the guys over here for any added clarification on this too.

Thanks,

David

• alberti
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Dave thanks for the response. Can you please clarify? I enabled subdomains tracking. What I don’t understand is, is google supposed to give me a drop down menu allowing me to select any subdomains and view it’s analytics? I would love to see screen shots of the plugin working properly while in the analytics account. Can you share any?

My second question is: I have multiple domains on a single install. This is different from multiple subdomains on a single install domain. Is the plugin supposed to allow me to track it all?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya alberti,

I enabled subdomains tracking. What I don’t understand is, is google supposed to give me a drop down menu allowing me to select any subdomains and view it’s analytics?

have you entered separate codes on each individual site? This plugin allows you to track the entire network through a ‘global’ analytics ID, then you can track each domain separately (or allow your members to do so) by adding in a unique ID into each Site>Settings>Google Analytics field.

Does that help?

I have multiple domains on a single install. This is different from multiple subdomains on a single install domain. Is the plugin supposed to allow me to track it all?

You have multiple domains that all point to the same single install? If that’s correct, you’d only need one analytic ID as the actual traffic on the site is the same regardless of the URL entered by the user.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.