Can't get the forums to work on Subdomain site

Hello

I have Buddypress installed on the primary domain. I am trying all the different options, but I can’t get the forums to appear on the subdomain site. I can see it in superadmin, but not as an admin.

Do I need to install bbpress separately on the subdomain site? Is it that the forums in Buddypress only work on the primary domain?

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Dustin

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Dustin,

I think BuddyPress still relies on its own integrated bbPress version for Group forums so I’m pretty sure that’s different than the bbPress plugin version.

If you’ve got the bbPress plugin installed you should be able to activate it on a per site basis, or even network activate it.

I believe it’ll still be distinct from BuddyPress forums and wouldn’t operate the same exact way they do though.

Cheers,

David

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

David

I have bbpress activated on the primary site. However, it isn’t showing up in the plugins section for any of the subdomains. Could this be because I already have Buddypress sitewide forums enabled? If so, how do I turn off Buddypress sitewide forums?

Dustin

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok, I think I figured it out. I had to deactivate bbpress on the network admin. Then I can see bbpress available on the subdomain site plugins section. Now I just need to test to make sure that the forum on the subdomain site is private and only for members of this subdomain.

Do you know if it is possible to make a forum both private and public? I want some content on the forum to be public, but other types of support questions should be private. Somewhat like your forum here, my client will have support issues which should remain private to that client, but other support issues which should be seen by everyone in the community. There will also be some topics which should be seen by the public.

Any idea how to set something like this up?

Dustin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.