Can't get "Ultimate Facebook Comments" Plugin to work. Help?

Hi guys. I can't seem to get my Ultimate Facebook Comments plugin working.

Following advice I've seen in other threads on this forum, I made sure to check "Use Facebook for Comments" and "Override Wordpress Settings" in the plugin's settings page I also made sure to uncheck "Allow people to post comments" in my Wordpress discussion settings.

Yet still, I have three (or maybe four) problems:

1) No "Comment with Facebook" prompt appears on any of my posts
2) The "Login with Facebook" prompt appears at my user login screen, but does not work. Nothing happens when you click the button
3) The "import comments from Facebook" does not seem to work
4) the site seems to run more slowly when the Ultimate Facebook Comments section is activated (for what it's worth, my site is upgrading from a shared to a dedicated server within a few days, so that might relieve the speed issue)

My site's url is http://www.profootballmock.com. Can anyone help me solve these issues? Thank you!

• PC

Hiya,

I checked your site and found the below error appearing as we try to register

"Unable to load the registration form for ULTIMATE F B COMMENTS. You may have previously blocked this app on Facebook. Go to your Facebook privacy settings to unblock this app. (Error: That 'redirect_uri' isn't allowed for that client_id.)"

First of all, I would like to know whether the Facebook app you have created for this purpose, is working fine or not ?

What is the version of Ultimate Facebook plugin you have ?

Please advise so that we can take it further.

Cheers
    PC

• Deebs

Hi there. Thanks for the responses.

I've had a tough time dealing with this plugin, because of a weird glitch (that's not WPMU's fault). For whatever reason, whenever I log into my FB site, if I try to navigate ANYWHERE in FB other than my site's wall, I get redirected to a "manage my ads" page. Because of this glitch, it's impossible for me to go to the "create new app" page. I've looked for any setting to tweak to change this and can't find any. So that's why it's taken me a while to get my app set up properly for the Ultimate Facebook plugin. Anyway, I simply created another Facebook ID, gave it admin priviliges on my site's FB page, and used that to create the app for the UFB plugin.

SO ANYWAY...

Now that I have properly created the app, the "login with Facebook" function that was not working properly before is now working fine. That's the good news, The bad news is, I still cannot import comments from Facebook, nor do I have the "comment with Facebook" options on any of my site's posts.

I've granted the app all the permissions (except to post on my behalf, which I don't want the plugin to do, and to RSVP on my behalf). So can you tell me why I cannot seem to import Facebook comments, or allow users to make FB comments on my posts?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Deebs

HI Ian. Thanks for the response.

I very much want to resolve this issue, but I am uncomfortable giving out administrative privileges to my site. Is there another way that we can handle this? Could you maybe give me a list of areas to my site that you would like me to take screen-grabs, so I can mail you the photos? Or perhaps we could discuss this over the phone and you could talk me through the steps involved?

Please let me know if there are any possible solutions we can try that do not involve me giving out administrative privileges. Thank you!

• PC

Hello Deebs,

I totally understand your reluctance in sharing the admin details. No issues with that. The only reason I asked for them was so that I can have a closer look as it would just expedite the things nothing else.

We can take the slow road down here.

1) No "Comment with Facebook" prompt appears on any of my posts

At times there is a conflict between the theme files and the plugin files as all the themes are not coded as per WordPress standards.

Can you try using a custom hook ?

Screenshot :

2) The "Login with Facebook" prompt appears at my user login screen, but does not work. Nothing happens when you click the button

Tested and worked fine so it was a problem with your FB app before.

3) The "import comments from Facebook" does not seem to work

Should work fine once the issue 1 is fixed.

4) the site seems to run more slowly when the Ultimate Facebook Comments section is activated (for what it's worth, my site is upgrading from a shared to a dedicated server within a few days, so that might relieve the speed issue)

Please make sure you choose a host that gives you a configuration on which wordpress rocks :slight_smile: I have a VPS and it works like a rocket !

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hello @Deebs

Greetings and thanks for writing back

No issues at all... I will help you on the same

Under Facebook >> Facebook Settings >> Facebook Comments Tab in your dashboard when you scroll down you will see

If everything else fails, you can enter this code in your theme where you want your comments to appear: <?php do_action("my_action_name");?>, then enter "my_action_name" (without quotes) in this box.

So, you enter the code in your theme file where you want the comments to appear and then enter the action name you used in the code in the box on the settings page.

What is the theme you are using BTW ? Perhaps I can get a copy and test it for you.

Cheers, PC

• Deebs

Hi PC. I'm still struggling.

I entered the code as you suggested in the Facebook settings tab, and in my theme's code, using the phrase ULTIMATEFACEBOOKCOMMENTS as my action name.

The result was an error message when I tried to load individual posts. (screengrabs are included in this response).

My theme is called "The Global Sports Theme" by PressJunkie (here's a link to the site where I bought it) : http://pressjunkie.net/themes/the-global-sports.html.

Thank you again for your continued help, and please let me know if you see something I'm doing incorrectly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.