Can't get Ultimate Facebook to connect to Facebook App?

My first day on this site and my first plugin install besides the wpmu dashboard, and it's not working.

I have set-up many apps on Facebook for several websites, this is the first time I can not get one to connect. I already deleted all my other apps from this site that were connected to FB thinking this would possibly solve the *Please, enter correct Facebook API settings
However, I am still getting this error. I even deleted this app and created a new one. Still nothing. I checked age restriction and it's on 13+.
My site is an http: and I have it entered correctly.
I can not find where they have placed the sandbox mode now though, so perhaps this is the problem. Your screen shots on the other tutorials does not look like Facebook dashboard now.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

• Lori

Ok, well, I guess I just needed to post the question in order for the answer to come to me.
    Thought I'd update this thread for anyone having a similar issue.

It was in "sandbox" mode but the appearance of that is now changed. It is found right under the name of the app.
    There is a statement about it not being visible to all users and little question mark there at the end of that.

Clicking that question mark will pop up a warning and then it will take it out of developing mode. There is no longer a "sandbox" check mark.

Hope I described this correctly...

• Briant

This problem is so epic it needs to have a name like "red x API no no worky of death". I too was on my first day as a member, this was the second app (after the dashboard) I installed from WPMU, I had also installed and uninstalled a previous FB app that worked without incident, and for the life of me could not get passed the "*Please, enter correct Facebook API settings". Lori's post being relative recent gave me hope. Apparently the sandbox feature has been moved/changed again (crazy since her post was only a month ago).

Once the end user has selected a platform, chosen to create website app, and applied the correct http:// format...the user needs to select the "Status and Review" tab on the left, then click the slider to "yes" to answer the "Do you want to make this app and all its live features available to the general public?"

This allowed the API in the FB plugin to finally work for me. Hope the instructions get an overhaul. This was a lot of heart/headache for a new user such as myself.
    Thanks,
    B~

• Briant

PS - Although the API directions were outdated, KUDUS to WPMU for the great video tutorials outlining virtually every step and setting. Would love to see some of this material updated or even just notes outlining changes (even some of the settings for the plug-in itself have been updated, added/removed etc) it's great to see such extensive support. Looking forward to continued membership here!
    B~

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.