Can't Get URL Groups to Work

Hi, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but am going to try to be as complete as I can with communications to get a hopefully fast response.

I really like the Membership plugin, and am currently working with WordPress 3.3.1 and have the WPMUdev Premium Plugin 2.1.4.

My site is NOT multi- nor does it use BuddyPress. Just plain old wordpress with plugins.

My site is for a condo association, and the sandbox address is http://sunrisetowers.cdagraphicdesign.com

My membership levels are Visitor, Resident, Officer, and Administrator. Visitor is set up as my Stranger level, and each level should be able to see the content for their level and all lower levels. (i.e. Officers can see Visitor, Resident and Officer content, but not Administrator). Administrator in this case, refers to the condo association administrator, and is not the same as my super-admin as site designer.

I have successfully set up the Categories, and the plug in is appropriately filtering content in the Categories menu, however, you can't click on the category to see the content without getting sent to the no-access page. I currently have one post and one page created for each membership level.

Any help on getting the URL Groups to behave will be greatly appreciated.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

diverchrisfl,

Hi and Welcome to WPMU forums :slight_smile:

I want to make sure I am understanding your issue correctly: In a particular subscription level you can access the url group you have created, but you cannot access the url group of the other lower subscription levels.

If this is the case then you will need to be sure and add all of the url groups to the positive rules for each subscription that they can see, not just the url group you created for that group in particular.

How are you testing your rules and levels? Are you logged in as a certain user level each time?

Looking forward to getting this solved for you :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• diverchrisfl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for responding Kimberly, but I have not communicated the information to you fully.

The answer is that none of my members can see any of the pages. In other words, they all get sent to the no-access page when logging in (except for myself as super admin).

• diverchrisfl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Okay, mark this one as solved. What I had to do was change the URL groups from a positive rule to a negative rule.

In other words, what I was doing wrong was adding a positive rule that said these members have access to these URL groups.

What I changed was I went in and said these members do not have access to these URL groups and it worked just fine.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.