Can't grab Featured Image with Autoblog

I'm trying to use the autoblog plugin to pull in posts from kevinplarson.com to our main site at karischurch.org

I can pull the text in just fine, but the plugin will not pull in the featured image with the post. Any ideas?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Andrew,

Welocme to the WPMU Dev community.

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Have you activated "Featured Image Import" Autoblog Add on from the menu Admin -> Auto Blog -> Add-ons?

The addon imports feed item featured image into the media library, attaches it to the imported post and marks it as featured image.

After installing it make sure you have not selected "Don't import featured image" for Featured Image Importing option in Auto Blog Feeds as sidplayed in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Andrew,

Thanks for your reply and sharing me screenshot of settings.

Can you try adding the following code in your theme's functions.php file:

function featuredtoRSS($content) {
    global $post;
    if ( has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID ) ){
    $content = '' . get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail', array( 'style' => 'float:left; margin:0 15px 15px 0;' ) ) . '' . $content;
    }
    return $content;
    }

add_filter('the_excerpt_rss', 'featuredtoRSS');
    add_filter('the_content_feed', 'featuredtoRSS');

That should force the featured thumbnail to be used in the feeds.

From your screenshot it seems you have activated both image add-ons( Featured Image Import & Image Import ) As only one should be active at any one time can you just deactivate the Image Import addon and check it.

Best Regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.