Can't grant support access, bulk add-users plugin broken.

Yep, title says it all.

After adding (or so I thought) about 30 users, I realized 0 entries were created in the wp_users table, and 0 entries in the User's page were added.

Then, I preemptively attempted to grant support access. That seems to be broken too.

Domain gritterfrancona.com

<3

Oh, and I couldn't "ask a question" from the wp-admin support area either.

• Jude

Hi there @david_bixler

Hope you're doing great !!

Can you delete the WPMU Dashboard plugin and reinstall it from here ? I mean manually delete and upload via FTP.

Next the issue seems to be linked to the process not being allowed to complete. Of course I could be wrong and an error message of some sort would be really helpful.

You might need to adjust your sites max_execution_time in the php.ini

max_execution_time = 300

Also maybe increase memory to 256M too

memory_limit = 256M

Do check with your Web Host to see if they permit this.

Cheers
    Jude

• Jude

Hi there @david_bixler

Great that we got the first bit fixed.

I logged into the site and performed a couple of tests. Actually the Add New Users script is NOT completing. See my screenshot of the message you'll get if it completes.

Here are few possible ways forward.

1) I see that the site is served using Cloudfare, can you turn off caching and allow for this url to go through ??

http://example.com/wp-admin/users.php?page=add-new-users&action=process

2) Can you turn on Debugging and post any specific errors you see here ?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

3) Lastly if all else fails can try a plugin conflict test as detailed here

Jude

• david_bixler

I believe the last line may be the most relevant.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 480

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php:480) in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 60

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php:480) in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpclef/includes/lib/wp-session/class-wp-session.php on line 124

• david_bixler

UPDATE:

I deleted CLEF... which I'm frustrated with. I will need to reinstall that at some point. Here are the errors without CLEF installed.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 480

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

__construct()

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php:480) in /var/sites/g/gritterfrancona.com/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

• Michael Bissett

Hey @david_bixler, my apologies for the delay here!

Thanks for sharing the log entries, did trying my colleague Jude's 1st & 3rd suggestions bring about a change in behavior here? Or were you able to get this sorted in the meantime?

If trying those other suggestions didn't pan out, and you're still running into issues, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form, so I can have a closer look at this:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.