Can't Hide Admin Panels from Members

I'm trying to use the Membership plugin to hide admin panels and options from certain user roles, or Membership Levels in this case, but no matter what I do it won't work. I've created a Membership level that has everything (just to be absolutely sure) in the negative box, all checked. I assigned a user to that level. I login as that user and no matter what I can still see everything in the Wordpress admin area.

• counteragent

Everything is definitely active, I made sure. I've tried all different user roles as well. The problem is, I think that the user that creates a blog is auto-assigned to admin of that blog, so if that's the case, and admins can't be restricted, I'm not sure what I can do.

Here's what I've seen in my multisite testing regarding roles. A user creates a blog. That user is, at least on the main blog, just a subscriber. Once they create a blog, they become admin of that blog, while they're still just a subscriber to the main blog.

• Barry

The problem is, I think that the user that creates a blog is auto-assigned to admin of that blog, so if that's the case, and admins can't be restricted, I'm not sure what I can do.

How have you got the membership plugin installed? If you want it to cover all blogs across a site, then you'll need to install it either in mu-plugins or activate it network wide via the plugins menu and enable the global tables option in the configuration file - note you'll need to do a clean install if you haven't already done this step as the plugin will need to create the relevant new tables.

• counteragent

Ok, I just tried that, and while it does technically work, it's apparently not what I really need. Let me explain.

When a user is created on my site, they get their own blog and aren't technically part of the main blog. If they become part of the main blog and login to the main admin dashboard, the appropriate panels are hidden through the Membership plugin. The problem is that when they login to their own blog's admin panel, they've got access to everything. It seems like the global Membership plugin only works on the main blog and doesn't propagate to each additional user blog. I want to be able to control exactly all the panels and features that each user has access to on their user blog. Is this possible? If so, how exactly would I go about doing this? Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.