Can't install any themes

Hi, I'm trying to install a theme but it keeps giving me this msg:
Server error status: Gateway Time-out [504]

Tried the Scribe and Issue themes. Not working for either.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi SID,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site but kept getting different errors and still was unable to install the themes from WPMU DEV Dashboard.

I have installed Upfront as well as Issue and Spirit themes for you manually so you can start using them while we investigate this issue further.

Can you check permissions of your wp-content and wp-content/themes/ folders and try setting them to 755?

Can you also enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

//Enable WPMU DEV Dashboard debug
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);

Try to install one of the UF themes and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello SID,

I took a liberty of checking the site again. I can see how the themes are not installed and the error message that WPMU DEV plugin returns but since you already checked folders and the site is actually a "clean install" I think I'd need to dig a bit deeper. Would you mind if I accessed the site directly?

In order to let me do this please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list. 

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,
    Adam