Can't install FrameMarket

Hi! I tried to install framemarket according to the instructions provided but it didn't work. I installed it at wp-content/themes and when I go to my Network admin > Themes, FrameMarket isn't there to the network activation. I already try to move the gridmarket folder from the framemarket/themes folder and put it into the wp-content/themes folder, but nothing happens.

How do I fix it?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Wheel of Commerce,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Hi! I tried to install framemarket according to the instructions provided but it didn't work. I installed it at wp-content/themes and when I go to my Network admin > Themes, FrameMarket isn't there to the network activation. I already try to move the gridmarket folder from the framemarket/themes folder and put it into the wp-content/themes folder, but nothing happens.

How do I fix it?

With the Frame Market theme uploaded via FTP to the --> wp-content --> themes folder. Then look into the Frame Market themes sub folder from the unzipped file on your hard disk drive finding Grid Market within and then FTP upload the entire Grid Market theme by itself to --> wp-content --> themes

When you have network activated the theme(s) you must still go into Appearance --> Themes and activate the theme. (Note: If using Pro Sites depending on the setting you may need to go to Premium Themes to find Grid Market and activate)

Thanks for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi! Thanks for answering!
    I did exactly as you said and I'm still having the same problem: the theme doesn't appear in the themes list of my network. I already searched the forums to see if anyone had the same problem, but didn't find anything similar so far and, honestly, I have absolutely no idea about what can be causing this, which is very frustrating, considering that this theme is almost perfect for a network of stores.

Any idea on how can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

• marikamitsos

@Wheel of Commerce

When logged-in to your c-panel file manager (or ftp manager) under wp-content/themes/ you DO see ALL your other themes INCLUDING framemarket and gridmarket BUT on under /wp-admin/network/themes.php you ONLY cannot see the Framemarket theme? hmmmm....

Delete the framemarket folder through your file manager and re-upload (re-install) the theme. See if you still get the same behavior (before extracting the gridmarket and after).

Please let us know what happens.
    marikamitsos

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi!Thanks for answering!
    I'm using FileZilla to upload the files. I'm uploading framemarket to wp-content/themes. Then I go to my WordPress Network admin dashboard > themes and there isn't a framemarket theme to activate. I tried to move the gridmarket theme from framemarket folder to the wp-content/themes folder (in the same place where the framemarket folder is), then nothing changes at my WordPress options again. I also tried let the gridmarket folder inside the framemarket folder and just upload the gridmarket from my computer -this way there was 2 gridmarket folders:one in wp-content/themes folder and the other in the framemarket folder. It didn't work too. I already reinstalled framemarket at least 3 times (I also downloaded it again), which didn't work too.
    Probably I'm doing something wrong, just don't know what. I have 5 domains redirecting to the .com (.org, .net, .info, .us and .mobi), so the wheelofcommerce.com is my root directory; my index.php file is there. I've already installed plugins using FTP and never had problems, though this is the first time I'm trying to install a theme through FTP. I'm uploading framemarket at /home/wheelofcommerce/wheelofcommerce.com/wp-content/themes.

If some of you guys can help me solving this, it will be a huge help.

Thanks again!

• marikamitsos

Please do NOT install using the instructions. Ignore them. Forget FileZilla. :slight_smile:

Try installing as a normal theme:
    1. Go to your /wp-admin/network/theme-install.php
    2. click UPLOAD
    3. From your computer choose the framemarket.zip file
    4. Upload
    Take a look at your themes. Success !!!! ( I hope)

5. Go to your c-panel/files ....../thems/framemarket/themes/
    6. Pick the gridmarket folder and move it to /themes/

Please let me know how it goes. Good luck... ???
    marikamitsos

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi! Thanks for the answer!
    I did as you said, now when I go to my WordPress account, at http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/themes.php, my current theme is FrameMarket (I uploaded and activated it).
    Using FileZilla, I moved the gridmarket folder to /home/wheelofcommerce/wheelofcommerce.com/wp-content/themes (the same folder where framemarket is), but the gridmarket theme doesn't appear neither in http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/themes.php, nor in http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/themes.php.

It looks like the only problem now is this gridmarket folder, which I want to activate by default in my entire network. How can I solve this?

Thanks again!

• marikamitsos

@Wheel of Commerce

I can't help but noticing that all your problems start with:

Using FileZilla, I...
    I'm using FileZilla to...

Could this be your problem?
    Furthermore, I don't understand why is it that you do not use your control panel. It is super easy and extremely reliable.
    Please DO NOT use FileZilla for once. I guarantee you, your problems will be solved. :slight_smile:
    Or follow Rozani's alternative.
    Or even Joe's - if you don't mind giving away your WordPress admin and FTP usernames and passwords. I know I would mind. Not as a sign of not trusting Joe, but because you will need to learn how to solve issues like this yourself.

What you experience is NOT a theme issue but a transfer problem.
    I hope it all turns out OK. Please let us know how you do.

marikamitsos

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi everyone! Thank you very much for answering!

Note: When I log in my WordPress account, through wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin, I see the now active theme, framemarket, but in the header of the page is written "gridmarket", though when I go to http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/themes.php there isn't a gridmarket theme there to be network enabled.

Rozani: As I said, I've already installed and activated framemarket.zip in WordPress. Sorry if I'm not understanding what you said, but should I delete the framemarket theme from my WordPress and upload only the gridmarket.zip file the same way I did with framemarket.zip -through my WordPress dashboard? Or should I keep the framemarket.zip the way it is now (with a gridmarket folder inside), upload the gridmarket.zip and activate it?

Joe: Thank you very much for your help, but at least for now I will try to solve this problem myself. However, if I can't solve this by myself, I'll send you my data.

marikamitsos: I'm hosting with DreamHost. They don't have a cpanel, I contacted them asking for a way to manage my files through their DreamHost control panel, but they didn't answer me so far. However, if you know how DreamHost control panel works and can help me with it, I'll be really thankful. I thought about a file manager plugin, but I guess it would just do the same thing that any FTP client does.

Thanks again everyone!

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi!
    My problem isn't solved yet, I just said that I now realize the issue is about the child theme. I still don't have gridmarket in my list of themes that can be network activated.

Like I said I have some doubts about Rozani instructions and, about what marikamitsos told me, DreamHost replied, but it looks like they simply didn't understand that in order to follow the steps provided, I need to access something like cpanel, that would allow me to manage my files; the guy who answered me told me that I can follow the steps marikamitsos provided only using the WordPress dashboard, which I can't -at least I don't know a way to move the gridmarket folder to the themes folder using the WordPress dashboard.

Thanks again everyone, I wait for your instructions to solve this.

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi!

Rozani: I uploaded the gridmarket.rar file normally through my WordPress dashboard (the same way as I did with framemarket.rar) and received this error message:
    "The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
    How can I solve this?

Marikamitsos: Like I said before, DreamHost doesn't have a CPanel. They have, however, something called WebFTP to manage the files, which is, as the name says, a FTP connection without the need of a downloaded client to do the connection. In other words, in terms of results, it's exactly the same thing that FileZilla allows me to do. I tried to move the gridmarket folder from /wp-content/themes/framemarket/themes to /wp-content/themes, but it didn't work -exactly what happened with FileZilla.

Joe: Thanks again, but at least for now I'll try to solve this by myself. Like Marikamitsos said, I need to learn how to deal with this issues. However, if I try everything I can and still don't get a solution, I'll pass you my accounts data.

Thanks again everyone, I wait for your instructions to solve this.

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi again!

Rozani: My mistake was trying to upload a .rar file, I uploaded the gridmarket.zip and didn't receive the error message. Anyway, nothing changed: when I login to my website, I still see the note:

"Welcome to the MarketPress parent theme. Please use a child theme to get the styling you require. Any child themes can be found under themes/.
    FrameMarket is the parent theme for our MarketPress themes. It allows us to offer a range of themes all using the one core. You also can then use that core to create your own child themes and hit the ground running with creating a MarketPress theme.
    Current styles: GridMarket"

• aecnu

Joe: Thanks again, but at least for now I'll try to solve this by myself. Like Marikamitsos said, I need to learn how to deal with this issues. However, if I try everything I can and still don't get a solution, I'll pass you my accounts data.

I can certainly appreciate your trying to resolve it yourself which is great of course, learning the ins and outs of working with WordPress, but you have an open ticket here which is currently assigned to me (I am part of the WPMU Dev Staff) and therefore I must resolve the ticket one way or another.

Please advise on your progress so that we may get this issue resolved and ticket closed at your earliest convenience.

• Wheel of Commerce

FINALLY! I did it!
    I did what Rozani said again, but this time with the updated FrameMarket file that is available to download here, and it worked! Thanks everyone!

I have some doubts regarding the installation and management of themes, I'm posting them here because they are all related to my inicial issue, but please let me know if I should create a specific topic just for these questions in the forum. Below are my questions:

1)When I go to "http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/themes.php" and search for "framemarket", now I see the two themes separated: "FrameMarket" and "GridMarket". I've enabled GridMarket in the network and disabled FrameMarket in the network. Is it correct? Is this the way how parent and children themes are supposed to work?

2)When I access my WordPress dashboard and I pass the mouse on "My Sites", I see 2 options: "Network Admin" and "Wheel of Commerce". "Network Admin", obviously, is the dashboard of my entire network, which I can access as the super admin. Considering that I've created an account (named Wheel of Commerce) in my own network of sites, is "Wheel of Commerce" the dashboard of this account? I mean, is a dashboard like that that any user of my network will see when accessing his/her own dashboard?

3)If the answer to the above question is "yes", why am I seeing the BuddyPress Default theme as one of the themes options of my site if I didn't activate this theme to my network?

4)About what Marikamitsos told me, that I shouldn't use FTP clients (like FileZilla, that is what I use), what is the problem with them? Cause every tutorial I read recommend the use of FTP clients to file management.

5)Considering that DreamHost doesn't have a CPanel and, like I said before, they have a file manager called WebFTP, can I use it as a substitution for CPanel, or is WebFTP just a FTP client like any other?

Thanks again! You guys gave me a huge help by solving my problem!

• aecnu

1)When I go to "http://www.wheelofcommerce.com/wp-admin/network/themes.php" and search for "framemarket", now I see the two themes separated: "FrameMarket" and "GridMarket". I've enabled GridMarket in the network and disabled FrameMarket in the network. Is it correct? Is this the way how parent and children themes are supposed to work?

Yes this is absolutely correct

2)When I access my WordPress dashboard and I pass the mouse on "My Sites", I see 2 options: "Network Admin" and "Wheel of Commerce". "Network Admin", obviously, is the dashboard of my entire network, which I can access as the super admin. Considering that I've created an account (named Wheel of Commerce) in my own network of sites, is "Wheel of Commerce" the dashboard of this account? I mean, is a dashboard like that that any user of my network will see when accessing his/her own dashboard?

"Network Admin" and "Wheel of Commerce". "Network Admin", obviously, is the dashboard of my entire network --> Correct

Considering that I've created an account (named Wheel of Commerce) in my own network of sites, is "Wheel of Commerce" the dashboard of this account?

That is also correct.

I mean, is a dashboard like that that any user of my network will see when accessing his/her own dashboard?

To some degree very similar, but remember that you are still viewing the dashboard as network admin.
    You may want to create a test account on your network and log in as the test user thereof. Then you can see exactly what they see.

Great that you have gotten this all sorted out. I am closing this ticket now and any other issues or questions that you may have please feel welcome to open a new ticket.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.