Can't install plugin - Plugin Requires BuddyPress

Hello guys, got around installing all the plugins that came with my WPMUDEV subscription except for the buddypress plugins because the WPMUDEV plugin dashboard says that the buddypress plugins "Requires BuddyPress", with a nice cross next to it.

I have multisite set-up, latest WP version installed. Buddypress is installed as a second blog.

Please advise on what/how to install the bussypress plugins below to work in my network.

BuddyPress Activity Plus
BuddyPress Group Calendar
BuddyPress Group Email
BuddyPress Hide Widgets
Ning To BuddyPress

Thank yo for your support.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there!

Can you clarify this please?

I have multisite set-up, latest WP version installed. Buddypress is installed as a second blog.

So do you BuddyPress installed and networked activated on your site? Or are we talking about a site by site basis or on a completely different site?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings thefixer,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

After reviewing the link you gave above to the Buddy Press codex article I would say you need to log into that particular site and activate the plugins as they mention to activate the theme on same.

What am I missing here that does not enable you to do just that?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• thefixer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello all and apologies for being off line for a few days.
    I will follow your advice and let you know how I get on.

@aecnu - not quite sure about your question. I can not install the BP plugins using WPMUDEV plugin dashboard as BP is installed as a second blog. I guess that I will have to upload the BP plugins via FTP and activate them from BP site which is installed as a second blog. I hope this answers your question, if not, please let me know.

I am going to leave the post as "Open", if this is OK with you guys.

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hiya, we haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Cheers.
    Mike

• michael
    • New Recruit

Sorry to hijack this topic but I have run into exactly the same problem.
    Have WP Multisite setup, all latest versions, site 1 is blog and general purpose site, site 2 is a Buddypress social community for users of site 1.
    Buddypress is installed on site 2 - which must be done via the wp-config, it does show in the network plugin page but it can't be network activated or will conflict with the config.
    BuddyPress Activity Plus has been ftp'd and network activated, but because Buddypress is not activated - BuddyPress Activity Plus does not show in the site 2 admin/plugin page.
    I've tried to be as accurate as possible, it makes sense to me but writing for others is rarely straight forward :slight_smile:
    Any advise would be very appreciated.
    Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

I pretty much doubt that it would run, however you can try activating buddypress network wide and as you have already defined

define ( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', $blog_id ); in the wp-config, it should work.

Can you kindly try that out ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• technodiva
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am experiencing this same issue. I have installed Buddypress on a multisite install subdomain. Now I want to add on the additional Buddypress Plugins like group email, but the dashboard says Buddy Press Required. I tried installing it manually (FTP) but I cannot activate them on the subdomain.

I tried doing a sitewide activation, that moves the Buddypress options to the network admin area vs the subsite.

http://collective.devatude.com/

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @ technodiva,

Sorry to hear of the problem that you are having.

Ideally its not a good process to post on a thread a year old.

Especially the original ticket creator might not like the thread to be hijacked :slight_smile: Just a suggestion, no stress

To help keep support tickets separate, could you please open a new thread for your new question https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

You can also include reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

This helps to prevent any confusion (for us) as I'm sure you understand. Also this might help other members looking for a similar answer. :slight_smile:

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.