Can't install the WPMUDEV-UPDATES onto my WP server

Hi There
I've followed all the steps to go pro on WP Smush and now I want to go Pro.
However, your website says I have to install the WPMUDEV-UPDATES first to install the "Hub Dashboard"
I downloaded the files but impossible to install it as a plugin because there is no exe file in the WPMUDEVUPDATES folder. It downloaded onto my mac as a simple folder. It is not a zip file.
I'm a newby at WP and haven't got a clue what I'm doing.
Please reply as simply as possible : all I want to do is compress the images on my website as much as possible. I'm not interested (yet) in all the bells and whistles I joined for.
Thanks for your help

Rupok

Hi Imogen,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you downloaded the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin with Safari? If yes, then please go to "Safari->Preferences->General" settings and uncheck "Open Safe Files After Downloading" option and save.

Now download the plugin again from this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ by clicking the DOWNLOAD button. You will get a zip file this time (as Safari won't extract the zip file anymore). Then go to your WordPress Site Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin [Button on Top] > Click the "Browse" button and select your downloaded plugin zip file. Then click "Install Now".

That will install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your site. After activating this plugin, please login to the plugin dashboard with your WPMU login credentials. That will enable the PRO features of the Smush plugin.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further difficulty in doing this. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok