Can't Load page wphb-minification

Hummingbird tells me I have some render-blocking resources I need to deal with. When clicking ‘Configure Script Deferring’ in Hummingbird I receive a brief DNS error message and then get redirected to a Yahoo search page (my default search engine is Google). Can you help please?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello William,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Could you please let me know what’s the DNS message you’re receiving and what search is being performed on Yahoo? Also, does that error “lock you out” of the site or is it just a redirect and you can then get back to your site’s dashboard (I’m asking this prior to testing it myself on your site because if it locks user out I wouldn’t be able to complete testing via support access)?

Please advise!

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi William,

I think I see what the issue is here.

The “Configure Script Deferring” button is supposed to go to main site Hummingbird section where you can setup minification.

What usually happens is plugin takes site network admin url which is example.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=wphb-minification and strips out network part so it goes to main site minification section example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wphb-minification

The issue on your end that your site is actually example.network so it strips both network mentions and tries to go to example.wp-admin/admin.php?page=wphb-minification

Hope this part so far makes sense :slight_smile:

I then accessed your main site but the Hummingbird is not showing there for some reason, and I even tried using direct link which should be example.network/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wphb-minification but it’s telling me that I don’t have permissions to access that page.

I have created a report for this issue so that developers can check it out, in the meantime could you please try disabling your other plugins and see if the Hummingbird panel is visible on your main site after that?

Best regards,

Predrag

• William Kowalski
    • The Crimson Coder

@dubajicp1

Your explanation makes sense as far as why the Configure Script Deferring button isn’t working on my .network site. I am also getting a permissions error when trying to access example.network/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wphb-minification.

Because my network is live and I am hesitant to disrupt services, I cannot deactivate my plugins to test why Hummingbird is not showing up on the dashboard of my main site. However, I will say that I did not think this was the intended functionality. None of my WPMU plugins show up on the dashboard of my main site. They all appear in the dash menu of my network admin, however. This is also true of my test network, where I was able to disable all other plugins to test. There, Hummingbird still does not show on the dash of the main site, only in the dash of the network admin.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi William,

None of my WPMU plugins show up on the dashboard of my main site.

This actually depends on the plugin, some plugins only show in network admin, some only on subsites/mainsite, some on both sides and then some, like Hummingbird, have part of settings in network admin and part in main site/suibsites.

Hummingbird only shows minification panel in subsites, other options are visible only on network admin.

Back to your issue, if this is happening also on your test your site could you grant access to that site so we can do further testing there without the fear of affecting live site?

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.