Can't log in to my site

I can't log in to my website. When I go to the login page and enter the credentials, I'm getting redirected to home page.
When I try opening wp-admin, I'm getting a message saying "Sorry you are not allowed to access this page".

• Ohidul Islam
    • Staff

Hi Obi,

Thanks for coming to our support forum. Hope you are having a great day!

We have a few questions to you.

1. When the issue started not able to visit to the WordPress admin? Did you tried to install any plugin or made any changes to your themes? Have you tried to update any plugins or WordPress itself? Did you made any changes to .htaccess, wp-config.php or any other core server configuration files?

2. Do you have any backup prior to that which you can restore from?

Let us know if you have any other things to inform us.

Kind regards,
    Ohid

• Ohidul Islam
    • Staff

Hi Obi,

Thank you for updating us with more information.

Could you please confirm us, whether you are using any URL masking on your WordPress or cPanel?

Also we have access to your WordPress admin and cPanel from your last LiveChat support. We don't require the login credentials once again.

To check and fix this issue we need to do run some tests on your website.

We would like to take the following steps to run some tests:
    1. Take a backup first of your WordPress installation on https://demo3.***.***.ng and a database backup.
    2. Test your WordPress installation on here https://demo3.***.***.ng. This process will not affect your site data, we will just reset core WordPress files.
    3. Create a new sub-domain and install latest WordPress to check whether the fresh installed WordPress can run smoothly on your sub-domains
    4. Upgrade your cPanel's PHP to the latest version (this may affect your other sub-domains and main domain websites if they aren't yet compatible with latest version of PHP)

Please let us know if you are okay with those steps I have specified above. So we will move forward with investigating the issue.

Kind regards,
    Ohid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.