Can't login to dashboard from client's website

Hi Guys,

I have just installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin but when I try sign-in with my account in order to get plugins installed, I get the following error:

Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "HTTP Error: 500 """. Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/ with a POST HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

See screenshot attached.

Is there any other way to fix this or I can get the plugin installed without doing it directly via the dashboard?

Kind regards,

Graham

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Graham

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

As you are on Trail, there isn't any other way to install our plugins than using our Dashboard plugin. :slight_smile:

Now to fix this error, first contact your hosting provider and ask them to check what's status of fsockopen and curl for your site ? Are these two components enabled ? If those are not enabled please as them to enable for your site as these components are required by WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to connect with our servers.

Let me know what they says.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Graham
    • New Recruit

Hi Milan,

Many thanks for your reply.

I was hoping to get Hummingbird installed on a client site, but since I don't have access to his hosting setup I can't get this fixed. So I have opted to go with a different caching plugin.

I will however continue the trial with a new site I am creating.

Kind regards,

Graham

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Graham,

hope everything's going well for you. :slight_smile:

I was hoping to get Hummingbird installed on a client site, but since I don't have access to his hosting setup I can't get this fixed.

I'm sorry to hear about that. However, I really hope to use our services with your new site. You will love Hummingbird! :slight_smile:

Have a beautiful day,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.