Can't login to https://www.accommodation-site.co.uk/

Hi there, I used all in one migration to bring in a site from a multisite that I was having problems with on siteground - I didn't bring in any plugins or themes, but as soon as I had done this I was unable to login to accommodation-site.co.uk. I then deleted it, but it still won't let me login. Can you please see if you can see what the problem is? Many thanks, Ellen

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Ellen

I hope you're well today!

Do I correctly understand that you migrated a single site (sub-site) of a multisite to another multisite? Or is that you migrated entire multisite?

I'm not sure how All in one Migration handles "site extraction" to be honest but I'd expect that "something around" user accounts or user roles on the target site (accommodation-site.co.uk) got "messed up".

That said, I checked the site and to test it, I took a liberty of creating myself a user account via the database. I was able to login to the site fine, without any issues. I've already removed that user but I also flushed object cache for changes to be applied - could you check if you can login now? This often helps.

If it doesn't help, I'll need to dig more so let me know about the username that you're using to login and tell me please what exactly is happening when you try to access the site: what you do and what you get as a result (any messages, anything) step by step please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Ellen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam

Still can't login! I migrated one subfolder from one multisite to make a new subfolder in the wpmudev hosted multisite. My username is D1gital - and the username on the old website was also D1gital. Strangely, one of my main issues with the old multisite is that I can't login to it either, unless via a subfolder login. Hope you can figure out what the issue is!
    Elle x

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Ellen

I checked and the account is there and is set as a super-admin of the site. This should give you an access to all the sites.

I noticed that you need to specifically access accommodation-site.co.uk/wp-login.php to even get the login form because going to accommodation-site.co.uk/wp-admin directly (as a logged out user) redirects you to the homepage but that's a different thing and there's probably such a redirect set up/configured somewhere on site.

Anyway, in the database it seems to be all fine. When you go to accommodation-site.co.uk/wp-login.php and try to login as that user, what does it say: do you have some error message or some notification of wrong username/password? Or you are redirected somewhere after submitting login?

You mentioned that you on the "old" multisite you also couldn't login unless via some sub-site. Is that same sub-sites on the multisite that we're working with? What is that if so?

Since I could login with the temporary account that I created but you still can't, that must be something specific to this particular account then, hence my questions.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ellen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

One other thing that may be helpful in determining the issue... I can only login to any of the subfolders by being in an incognito window! Otherwise It just redirects on normal Chrome, back to the login box.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ellen

Thank you for your response!

One other thing that may be helpful in determining the issue... I can only login to any of the subfolders by being in an incognito window! Otherwise It just redirects on normal Chrome, back to the login box.

That actually is some clue. Have you (or could you please if you didn't yet) tried using a different browser, preferably one that you never used for accessing the site? If you don't have such browser at hand, it might be good to try - just for testing - from some other computer. Have you tried to clear browser cache in Chrome? By browser cache I don't mean clearing cookies only but entire browser cache:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Give it a try please and let me know. If that doesn't help, I'll look into the site again to see what else we could do here.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.