Can't login to other sites on network.

I have 3 sites on my multisite network. I'm using domain mapping plugin by wpmu. It was working correctly, but now I can't login to child sites with super admin.

This is the 2nd time I have had this issue. I believe an update keeps screwing me up, but I can't seem to fix it this time. All themes, plugins, etc are up to date.

Site Structure

mainsite.com
mainsite.com/ads
mainsite.com/biz

I am enabling WPMU Support Access to my site.

thanks for any help you can give,

Elmer Harris

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elmer,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I've just checked this and I get redirected to the sub site to login whenever I try to access the dashboard, is that the same thing that happens for you?

Can you send me the following information please so I can further investigate.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elmer,

Hope you're well today and thanks for sending the details.

I have checked the sites and this appears to be related to the iThemes security plugin and the caching plugin.

It's caching the page and we can't get to that page as of course we can't login to that dashboard.

Do you have a backup of that sub site/a overall backup, as I'd like to disable the security and caching and then do some further testing.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• elmer_harris
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for taking a look.

I'm currently getting nailed by user registrations bots on subsite2. I can't access the backend of subsite2 or subsite3 (as you know).

I have a fresh backup of the entire site including subsites. Go ahead and disable the security and caching plugins as you see fit.

Please keep me posted and re-enable those plugins as soon as possible.

I'm really in a bind here and I appreciate your help.

Thanks Jack.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @elmer_harris,

I have just taken a look at your site, very strange.

@Jack Kitterhing I've disabled the ithemes security, w3 Total cache, botnet blocker plugins. Issue still occured.

Then I changed domain login mapping to original domain, this then gave a redirect loop when visiting dashboard.

http://rheareview.com/ads/login/?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Frheaclassifieds.com%2Fwp-admin%2F

Incidentally, it seems to be doing this even if mapping is set to domain entered by user or mapped domain, it kinda loops before it changes to the mapped domain. seems to also affect the front end of those mapped domains too.

@elmer_harris

[edit] never mind, I see Jack has the details, and is going to take a look at the server tomorrow morning.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elmer,

Hope you're well today, I've been testing this and disabled the plugins set your .htaccess to the multisite default and it still does the same.

It appears to be related to Domain mapping only, I've notified the domain mapping developer for his valuable input on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elmer,

I've discussed this with the developer and the problem is coming from the SSO with this define

define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'rheareview.com <http://rheareview.com>'); // Added by W3 Total Cache

One workaround if you need to keep that is to turn of SSO in Network admin > domain mapping > settings :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.