CANT MAKE MULTISITE WORK PROPERLY

Hi there, I have subscribed to your product to build a network of blogs for my clients. I'm using other plugins but that's the reason why. The thing is, I've tried a lot of guides and how-tos to make my network work. And all the attempts end the same way. I can create a new site but I'm not able to access the admin of these sites. Can you please help me? Is anybody out there experienced in that issue? I know is not a plugin related problem. But if I can't make it work I'll have to cancel my account with you.

My hosting is Godaddy

wp-config

define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', 'true');
define('WPMU_ACCEL_REDIRECT', 'true');

define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', 'true' );
define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', 'false');
$base = '/';
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'docpop.com.br' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', '1' );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', '1' );

.htaccess

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) /$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ /$2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Please help!
Tks in advance,

br

Renato Abdo

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Renato,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You have enabled a support access to the site so I've checked it. Each of the existing sites is loading front-end (a bit slowly but they do) and back-end (though it asks me to log in and I can't do it as I don't have a super-admin account.

Did you manage to deal with the issue since you posted this ticket or is it working differently for you?

One other thing that I noticed is that on all sub-sites you have Upfront set as an active theme so you might want to change it - Upfront is a parent theme that requires a child theme (starter theme such as e.g. Spirit, Fixer etc - take a look here - to work properly).

That being said, if I'm missing something or I misunderstood the issue, please let me know and I'll be glad to investigate it further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Renato!

Actually your suggestion that I would try to create a new sub-site was helpful because it helped me notice some issue:

If you go to "Network Admin -> Sites" you will notice that all the sites listed there are "sub-folder install" sites, for example - a subsite is docpop.com/testea. If you try to pen that url (http://docpop.com/testea) it does open in browser.

But if you go to "Network Admin -> Sites -> Add new" and try to add new site, the form suggests that the site would be a sub-domain, not a sub-folder.

This leads me to a question: you want that to be subfolder based setup (sub-sites like: docpop.com/mysite) or subdomain based setup (sub-sites like: mysite.docpop.com)?

Let me know about it. I'll also need full access to both site and server in order to fix it so please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Renato,

Thanks for sending those in, I had a look at your site and saw that you had your wp-config.php and .htaccess configured in a way to use subdomain instead of the subfolders as you want it to.
    So I've changed this and new subsites are created as you mentioned in your above response.

Newly created site did work for me however accessing admin section threw a white page at me.
    I then enabled debug log on your site and found this fatal error:
    PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_cap() on null in /wp-content/plugins/learndash-notes/nt-permissions.php on line 22

This says that the error is coming from LearnDash Notes plugin and once that is disabled I was able to access the subsite admin normally.

I'm afraid that this plugin is not related to us so to find out why it's throwing this fatal error you should get in touch with the plugin developers and let them know about the fatal error that's shown on your site when plugin is active.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Renato,

You can try disabling plugin in network admin and then activate it on the subsite itself, I doubt that this will resolve the issue but if the plugin is not multisite compatible it's worth a shot.

It's still best to discuss with the plugin developers so they can check the code that's causing the error and give you more info about what could be causing it and perhaps they have a workaround ready.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.