I'm currently in the process of migrating my Wordpress Network from my old, Apache and PHP5 server (XXX.XXX.XX.244) to a brand new server with the same hardware specs, but now running on Nginx and PHP7 (XXX.XXX.XX.202).
Most of my sites in the Network are fairly small, and I could effortlessly use Wordpress Importer & Exporter to migrate my websites. However, I have to large sites in my network where import/export won't work at all. I've tried with the normal Wordpress Importer (and the unofficial v2 version on Github), but it either crashes or won't progress.
What I've tried:
- Exporting and importing the whole file (posts + media)
- Exporting and importing media only
- Exporting and importing posts only
- Exporting and importing small pieces (month per month)
- Raising the PHP memory limit from 256 MB to 1 GB
- Uploading the mediafiles manually via FTP (but then I'd need to migrate the WP database too, and I unfortunately don't have the knowledge to do that. I'm running on a DigitalOcean VPS using EasyEngine if that helps)
Even after a failed import, some of the posts and mediafiles are accessible on my website. However, images aren't shown and the XML-files itself are present in the media library, which leads to me to believe there's something going wrong with the parsing.
Luckily, I knew Snapshot Pro was able to create backups and migrate my website. I've been using Snapshot Pro, but it refuses to take snapshots for my two larger sites. Planned snapshots or even via the 'run now' feature, the snapshots are never generated. Storage space isn't an issue - tried local and remote. But alas, to no success. I've also never gotten an error message, it just seems to ignore my request to create a snapshot.
Unfortunately I've been stuck for days and don't seem to find a solution to migrate my sites. Any idea what I could do to solve this issue?
Thank you so much for your time and support in advance.