Can't people access 'Communities' plugin from regular menu?

I can't find the regular interface through which when someone visits my website - to find what all communities are available. I can access only through my dashboard only?

I was trying to explore its possibilities in lieu of buddypress along with other plugins.

Advise me please.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pawan,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Communities plugin but it appears that you are trying to run a MultiSite only plugin on a Buddy Press site and they are not compatible as indicated on the Communities plugin home page - right column - compatibility.

Please advise if this is indeed the case and if so I recommend you remove/delete the Communities plugin from your WordPress installation before it is possibly damaged.

please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Arora,

The decision to develop tis plugin was done long before I took over support this past summer.

The plugin functionality is somewhat along the lines of BuddyPress (I'm told). But the decision was at the time to make this visible in the admin area. This was mostly to prevent needing to support whatever front-end theme the site was running. As you can image writing a very complicated plugin that outputs this amount if information to the site front-end that will work across even dozens of themes is next to impossible. BuddyPress for example really only works well with specific themes.

So the decision was made to keep this within the wp-admin area where the UI is consistent.

• Pawan Arora
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

See...all that is fine and I understand.

Scene is when I joined this membership (not regretting, please), I had different views about things.

But now when I am inn, any plugin that I touch has thorns in it. So it is not an easy road, but best part is I am not alone, I do have companions.

So all I can say is I am here ready to learn and mingle with things out here but then I was kind of having less time - and wanna come out with something nice - though joining this membership will help in rapid action development.

Now I think I will have to do paperwork and phase out things - one level at a time.

But will be needing lots of support still.

regards

Arora

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.