Can't perform basic tasks on my WP Site

I have suddenly become unable to perform basic tasks like create a new page or new post on my website. When I click the links to do this I just get taken to an internal server error page.

Additionally I can not grant support access via the WPMU dashboard Plugin.

I have these entries in my error log :

[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 1. shutdown_action_hook() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/load.php:0
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 2. do_action() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/load.php:677
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 3. WP_Hook->do_action() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php:453
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 4. WP_Hook->apply_filters() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:323
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 5. wp_ob_end_flush_all() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:298
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 6. ob_end_flush() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3718
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP Stack trace:
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 1. shutdown_action_hook() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/load.php:0
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 2. do_action() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/load.php:677
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 3. WP_Hook->do_action() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php:453
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 4. WP_Hook->apply_filters() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:323
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 5. wp_ob_end_flush_all() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:298
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:28 UTC] PHP 6. ob_end_flush() /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3718
[21-Feb-2017 17:37:56 UTC] [WPMUDEV API Error] 4.3 | HTTP Error: 200 "OK" (https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/grant-access [200])

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks
Paul

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen. I could not regenerate this on my test site. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Regarding the Support Access granting issue, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you are having. This is happening because of an issue on our servers. Our server admins are aware of this issue and they are consistently working on this with very high priority. I believe, this will be fixed within the shortest possible time.

I'll request you to wait for a little more and check this again in a while. If this problem is not gone even after a while, please let us know. We will report this to our system admins.

I will appreciate your patience.

Please let us know the result of your plugin conflict test. If it doesn't help, can you send me a message with your cPanel and WP access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Paul

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply on this.

Yes I have spent a long time looking at the problem and also had some other help along the way.

So far I have refreshed the all of the wordpress core files just to be sure that wasn't an issue. But I think the problem was in some depreciated code in my functions.php that had been put in there some time ago by another developer.

I am not sure that all the problems are behind me at the moment as I still have a couple of plugins that don't seem to be playing ball, such as 'Postie' which has just stopped working and now hangs. But I suspect a problem with WP-Cron at the moment. Any ideas on that one appreciated!

Thanks
    Paul