Can't post Job with Jobs&Experts plugin

Hello,

after a problem we had on our server, we've restored it from a backup.

Now we can't post any job through "Add Job" page neither from the admin Jobs -> Add new job.

Can you please help me to solve this? Maybe i have to set any custom permissions on the files/folders?

You can try it yourself on http://www.taxiguider.com

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Panagiotis,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure where should I be adding experts/jobs on front-end of your site so could you please explain a bit more how your site works? A basic "step-by-step" guide on what should I do (if it worked fine) would be very helpful.

I would also like to check "Jobs&Experts" configuration so could you please grant me a support access to your site? To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when access is enabled please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Panagiotis

Hello, i've made this post before some days but i can't find it so i'm posting it again.

This is the step-by-step guide, please try it and you'll see what i'm talking about:

Open in a new tab the http://www.taxiguider.com
    Click on Login/SignUP
    Click on Create an Account
    Fill in all the required details to create your account and click on "Register" button.
    Now you're registered.
    Login with your new account and click on "Add Trip" buttton from the left menu.
    Fill in your random details and click on "Add Trip" button on the bottom left corner.
    You'll see tha the page will refresh without doing anything, that's our problem.

I've also enabled support access, so you can try to login.

Thanks in advance for your time

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Panagiotis!

Thank you for all additional information.

I followed the steps and I can see the issue. There's also a JavaScript error in a console related to a "logger.js" script that seem to be coming from the theme. It points to the "logger.js" script of the theme. It shows up when you try to save the trip so I think it might be related.

The theme seems to be a premium one though so I don't have an access to it and I can't test it but it might as well be a matter of conflict with other plugins. I assume that this worked before with pretty much the same config so I'm wondering what might have change upon restore. Do you see any differences in configuration?

I also noticed that the Jobs&Experts plugin and some other plugins on site are outdated so that might be causing JS issues as well. That being said, I'd start with updating site first so there'd be no outdated plugins and if that doesn't help:

1. Switch to Twenty Sixteen or Seventeen theme to see if Jobs & Experts plugin works with it.
    2. If it doesn't, there'd be a need to perform a full plugin conflict test by disabling all the plugin and then enabling them one by one each time checking if Jobs & Experts works.

The point here is to identify what's causing the case and we could then dig deeper.

Keep me informed please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Panagiotis

Hello Adam,

The website was working normally with your plugin and this theme (with logger.js error, which is really doesn't matters as i tried it with logger.js script disabled)..

I've tried disabling plugins one by one and i noticed that if i disable these three plugins THE SAME TIME, the page seems to work but these plugins are there since 2015!

1. Jobs & Experts Custom Job Destination field
    2. Jobs & Experts Custom Job location field
    3. Jobs & Experts Custom Job Return Destination field

The above plugins' code is almost the same between them, which i found in your examples and i'm attatching you the files to see if there is a conflict in there if you can. They actually add some fields in the "Add a Trip" form.

Thanks in advance for your support

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Panagiotis!

Thank you for your replay. These plugins that you identified as ones causing the issue, they seem to be some custom plugins as we do not have anything like that in our plugin repository. It's possible that there's no compatibility with recent WP/PHP releases then.

Could you please share these plugins with me? To do this, please create a zip file including these three plugins, upload it to some file storage service (e.g. your Google Drive or Dropbox account) and share a download link with me here.

I'll then check them on my end to see why they may be interfering and if we can deal with that. Can you also tell me please if these plugins were custom developed for you or is this a code taken from our forums (if so, it would be great if you were able to point me to the sources).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Panagiotis,

When I check this add-ons on my end I don't see their fields on my job creation form, so fields are required but not visible, since I can't see them and I can't enter any value it doesn't let me go through with job creation.

I see that fields have style="display: none;" added to them, but I'm not sure why, that's something you should check with the add-on developer.

Basically if you go through codes of those add-ons and remove style="display: none;" from there the fields should be visible and once you fill those in you should be able to post your job.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.