Can't register a user with BuddyPress and Membership 2 Pro

I have enabled BuddyPress Integration but can't register a user with BuddyPress and Membership 2 Pro. Page just refresh and nothing happened.
Please help!

• Ash

Hello marge

Yes, I can see the issue on your site. It may happen due to a plugin conflict. Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Besides, I wanted to check your settings, but for some reason the support access is not working. So, once you do the conflict test and if it is still not resolved, would you please send me your admin login and cPanel details?

You can send me privately in the following format:
    1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    2. Select "I have a different question" if not selected
    3. In subject line put "Attn-Ash" (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)
    4. Provide the wanted details.
    5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• marge

Hi Ash,
    I'm not sure if you received my email via #i-have-a-different-question. Can you please confirm?
    I deactivated all plugins except M2, could register.
    I reactivated BuddyPress (and M2 only) was not able to register. I even created a subdomain with just BuddyPress and M2 running. Still not able to register.

If this is just not going to work, can you please let me know? I have three projects on hold that need this function with BuddyPress.

Thank you for the help,
    Marge

• marge

Hi Kasia,
    I just tried to register and wasn't able to.
    -register
    -"so basic" free level
    -filled in info
    -password disappeared.

I was told to set a dummy page (register2) and direct M2 to that. Without it, it wasn't working either.
    Please advise the correct instructions as I have been told different things from different support people. I also had support people test the registration form. Support opened this ticket. I then disabled all the plugins (except BP and M2). I even changed the theme to 2015. And was still not able to register using this set up.

Thanks!
    Marge

• Nastia

Hello marge

Hope you're doing well!

I could reproduce the issue on your site and can see that the page just refresh itself with Chrome browser. On your site there is following error showing up in the developer console:

[DOM] Found 3 elements with non-unique id #:
    <input class="wpmui-field-input wpmui-hidden " type="hidden" id="" name="membership_id" value="170">
    <input class="wpmui-field-input wpmui-hidden " type="hidden" id="" name="action" value="register_user">
    <input class="wpmui-field-input wpmui-hidden " type="hidden" id="" name="step" value="register_submit">

I've temporarily deactivated the "Profile Fields" add-on since the error is coming from there. I also could replicate the same issue on my end and reported this to our developers.

Have a good day and take care!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• marge

I think I found the issue. I was searching threads and found this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-pro-and-buddypress-registration-workflow
    I had BOTH xProfile and BP Registration active. I guess that' caused the "no unique ID" error? (I didn't see any documentation that said to choose only one. Sorry. )

Now, I can get users to register. But...

After free registration, I get this message page:
    "Your request to join the membership was successfully received!
    The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status."

There's also a link for the user to go right to the account page. So really anyone can enter a fake email address and have access to the site? Or am I missing something? Is there a safer way?
    Can I get a verification email for a free membership? Do you have a better workflow?

Thank you very much!

Marge

• Ash

Hello marge

I had BOTH xProfile and BP Registration active. I guess that' caused the "no unique ID" error? (I didn't see any documentation that said to choose only one. Sorry. )

Yes, right. This is actually marked as a bug and our developer will take a look at that.

Can I get a verification email for a free membership? Do you have a better workflow?

[Please check the next reply]

Another alternative is to use buddypress registration form, so when an user will register on your site, they will check the email verification, login on your site and then they can join in a membership from the membership page.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash