Can't register with previously created login, and does not keep you logged in.

In testing M2, it appears that we can no longer have a person who previously created a "free" signup log back in and navigate to the subscriptions page like we could in Membership. This seems necessary. Have I missed something? Or can you add that back into the new plugin?

Also, after I created a brand new sign up and successfully paid for a membership subscription, the plugin did not keep the new member logged in when navigating to pages that were set up as protected content for the membership level. Specifically, with the Events+ plug in. When the new member tried to navigate to the RSVP screen, it required them to log in AGAIN. And, the protected content behind the "Read More" tag on that screen was not displayed properly. Can you check to make sure we have it set up properly? Thanks for your help!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Barb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

In testing M2, it appears that we can no longer have a person who previously created a "free" signup log back in and navigate to the subscriptions page like we could in Membership. This seems necessary. Have I missed something? Or can you add that back into the new plugin?

The subscriptions page is replaced with Memberships page in the latest Membership 2 Pro plugin which you can configure in the Membership 2 Pro plugin settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

I could confirm on my test site that the Memberships page is accessible for the persons created using free signups.

Do you want to redirect to the Memberships page a person who previously created a "free" signup log back in ?

Please advise.

Also, after I created a brand new sign up and successfully paid for a membership subscription, the plugin did not keep the new member logged in when navigating to pages that were set up as protected content for the membership level. Specifically, with the Events+ plug in. When the new member tried to navigate to the RSVP screen, it required them to log in AGAIN. And, the protected content behind the "Read More" tag on that screen was not displayed properly. Can you check to make sure we have it set up properly?

Could you please share the page URLs which are set up as protected content for the membership level?

Also would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Barb

Yes, we do want to redirect free members to the memberships page when they return to our site and log in again. (I said the wrong thing and called it subscription vs membership) I think it did allow navigation to Memberships page, but the problem was when we clicked "sign up" it sent the user back to the Register page and required them to set up a new user name and use a new different email address. (Although, there was no error message or anything in bold or red. I just figured it out that it needed a new email address. Is that another bug in M2?) So how can we have a free user pay for membership without having to create a new profile? I granted access if you want to poke around in there for this. Also, I have several pages marked as protected. Not sure how to tell you what those are or that it is relevant...there was no choice to protect Events. In Membership, Events were public, but when they wanted to RSVP they needed to log in. If someone was already logged in on the site, it did not require them to log in again. So, in M2 something is not going right because it is requiring them to log in again when they try to RSVP. I do have protection marked in M2 to protect "more tags", but that does not seem to be working inside of the Events plugin. For an example, you can see the event for Steelhead 70.3. It has a more tag. When my test user was signed in, they were still not allowed to see the protected content. (I assumed they were signed in...I didn't see anyway to verify that though because there was no "sign in" or "sign out" button anywhere. If I am supposed to add those, I do not know how. Can you help?)
    I am considering changing to a WP default theme because Upfront has so many issues (primarily with load times that are incredibly slow) I am wondering if these things are part of the Upfront theme issues.

• Ash

Hello @Barb

I hope you are well today.

I am sorry for the delay. Well, would you please point out your issues using bullet points? I read several times your last reply but every time I messed up. Please point like following:

1. Issue 1
    2. Issue 2
    and so on...

I am sorry, but this will help us to provide better support.

Also, please enable support access so that we can check right then.

Cheers
    Ash

• Barb

No problem. Sorry about my rambling list of questions. I will try to be more clear this time.

1. Issue 1: Free Membership for Guests. I have created one called "Guest Membership". They do not get much more than public visitor for this, but WE get their name and contact info for marketing purposes. I see that M2 now has trial membership, so maybe it should be changed to this? I just do not see how to set up the trial membership part so I have left Guest Membership in there for now, but it is free, not paid membership. Can you help me understand if Trial Membership will provide what Guest Membership does?

2. Issue 2: In Settings, I do not understand what is meant by "Set up which pages can be viewed on your website. Memberships: a list with all public memberships." I have this turned on because I thought it was needed for the Guest Membership. But it appears that Memberships page and Register page are identical right now. Do i have this set up correctly?

3. Issue 3: In testing out the sign up process, my test user selected "Full Membership" which costs $125 for "One payment for date range access". They are directed to the paypal site to pay which then states "$125 for 90 days. This is not supposed to be a 90 day access membership. It is supposed to be a date range the ends on 12/31/2015. Why does PayPal think it is for 90 days? Is there a way for me to change that?

4. Issue 4: I have MailChimp add-on activated. I have MailChimp list created for our Guest Members (called Website Free Membership Guests) and a separate one for paid members (called Current Members.) I have selected Registered user, not member list to point to Website Free Membership Guests, and I have selected Members mailing list to point to Current Members. This is not working properly. Since BuddyPress registration is the first step of the membership sign up process, anytime someone fills out the profile fields, they are being added to the Website Free membership Guests list. But, when they pay for membership they do not appear to be added to the Current Members list. How can I stop them from being added to the Guest list? How can I make sure they get added to the Members list? Is there possibly a way to have them be unsubscribed from the Guest list when they decide to upgrade to become a member?

5. Issue 5: I noticed a message at the top of my Register page that says, "The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Register." and then a link to REPAIR. Not sure what that does and if I should click REPAIR. Can you help me understand if I have set up the connection between M2 and BuddyPress correctly? Are there other M2 pages that need to be repairs like this too?

I obviously need a lot of help. Thank you so much for having this support available! I have once again opened support access for you to view. You guys make this possible for me to do...love it!

Barb

• Ash

Hello @Barb

#1: Guest membership is not same as trial membership. Guest membership is just visitor membership. A member of guest membership will have same access as a site visitor.

Where trial membership give temporary access of a membership. Like you have enable trial membership for 5 days of Membership Gold which cost $100. Now, the member will have full access of Gold Membership for 5 days, and after than the member will be charged $100. The member can cancel the trial membership any time within that 5 days.

For trial membership, you need to enable trial membership add on from Membership 2 > Add ons. Then in payment settings of each membership you can enable trial and configure.

#2: This part is membership pages. Membership needs some dedicated pages for registration, showing memberships, accounts, protection message and registration completed message. This is not related to any membership. The selected pages will be used for the purpose it mentioned. Like your registration page will be the page you select from register. And so on...

#3. Yes, I can confirm the issue in my test site, so I am marking this as a bug and letting the developer know. Thanks for pointing about this.

#4. So, in that case, the member has dual membership? I mean for sometime, the member is subscribed to guest and current member both?

#5. Please go to Settings > BuddyPress > Pages and check if any page is selected for register option? Are you using any custom registration form?

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Barb

Issue 1 response: I do not want Trial Membership, so I will stick with Guest Membership as I have it set up and assume I did it correctly.

Issue 2 response: I do not understand what you said. My question was "Do I have this set up correctly?"

Issue 3 response: My test user received an actual email confirmation of cancellation of her 90 day subscription though. Even though you say it works inside of M2, it is throwing Paypal off I think. Is this still marked as a bug that will be fixed?

Issue 4: No dual membership. What we want is for someone to "upgrade" from Guest to a Full paid member. I will turn off the FREE mailchimp list for now and see if that works.

Issue 5: I did not have any page selected for Register. Just changed that and will try testing again.

Thanks so much for your help with all of this!!! -Barb

• Barb

Issue 1 - additional info: Since your communications in M2 does not allow you to specify which membership is receiving the communication, all of my memberships are getting the same message which is really not appropriate for my guest membership. Also, it is adding guests to my paid member list in MailChimp, so for now I have deactivated the Guest membership so that people can no longer join that way. Is there any chance the developers will add on to allow you specify communications based on which membership level? and to direct EACH membership level to a specific Mailchimp list rather than treating all members the same way?

• Ash

Hello @Barb

#1: You can try Automated Email addon (need to enable from Membership 2 > Add ons). Then you can configure the email in different event. You need to use %ms-name% to print the membership name in the email.

#2: I have just checked and it seems perfectly fine :slight_smile:

#3: Yes, this is marked as bug already :slight_smile:

#4: As you are using buddypress register page, would you please temporary disable buddypress register page and check?

#5: Sure, let us know.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.